Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I live in Denver, and it is hit/miss as to the whether change here, one day its 20 degrees and snowing the next it's 70 and can ride.

I live in a house with a garage and keep the bike parked in front of my 2 cars. Would you say it is ok to start it at least once a week and roll the bike around front to back (to prevent flat spots) or put it on the stands?

Sometimes I just can't ride even if its nice, but would just an average start and move it around be good enough or should I be doing that ethanol free stabilizer thing people have mentioned before?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Would you say it is ok to start it at least once a week and roll the bike around front to back (to prevent flat spots) or put it on the stands?
if you cant ride for at least 20 minutes to half hour or more then don't start it,

starting the engine without fully warming long enuf to burn off contaminates only contaminates the oil further and doens't help your battery or starter

and don't worry about flat spots on your tires unless your running a rayon ply model T tire

21 - 23 of 23 Posts