Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give my experience. Don't have the budget for the Penske right now so this is what I've been running for the last year. I've done plenty of miles and a trackday on the bike and i think it steers great. Don't know where the forks are set at stock but mine had 10mm sticking out from the upper tree. Forks also have emulators and springs. These are the +1" dogbones from Ebay and an 07' ZX6R shock(silver & black). Anyway, bike handles great for anyone whos been wanting to give this a shot, of course this is my opinion. I'm sure it will put the back up too much for some. Some of the guys here who race might know what you can get away with when raising the back up. I don't feel as though the front was nervous or felt like tucking at all. Of course, I've ridden around problems for ages so maybe I'm not the best reference!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
If I remember correctly, the ZX6R shock is about the same length as the stock SV unit, ~13.25". And the common length for race shocks is 13.875". That results in ~1.7" of extra rear ride height, so you should be just fine if you only went up an inch.

It should help out a lot with the bike trying to push when you're on the gas coming out of corners.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I sized them up the ZX6 shock was just a few mm longer, maybe 5mm. So like you said, still reasonable.

·
Registered
188 Posts
1/2" risers are a better option putting it around ~352mm in the back and they cost the same at $20 shipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts