Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to search but no luck...

Any one has the specs on the ZX14 Rear Shock.

Specificly in regards to lenght, and spring rate.

Thanks, Luis

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Spring rate is 9.7 kg/mm - good for heavier riders. It's around 1/2" longer than stock (same as ZX-6R/ZX-10R).

I just installed an '06 ZX-14 shock in place of an '04 ZX-6R because it's black/silver (goes better with my bike's colors) and it fits without having to modify the battery box.

'04 ZX-6R vs. '07 SV650S:

'06 ZX-14 vs. same '04 ZX-6R:

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow... Pictures and all....

I have a friend with a ZX14 shock, Silver just like the one pictured. But, it seems like the bike has drop ride hight on the rear...

I thought maybe the ZX14 shock was shorter than the stock SV650 shock...

The dog bones appear to be stock.

Luis.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
It may be shorter than the 1st-gen OEM shock, but it's pretty darn close to the same length as my ZX-6R (which was 1/2" longer than my OEM)

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Wow... Pictures and all....

I have a friend with a ZX14 shock, Silver just like the one pictured. But, it seems like the bike has drop ride hight on the rear...

I thought maybe the ZX14 shock was shorter than the stock SV650 shock...

The dog bones appear to be stock.

Luis.
zx14 shock is the same length as a stock 2nd gen SV shock. It is SHORTER than a ZX10 shock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just put the ZX14 shock into my 03 and their were no clearance issues what so ever. Although I did have to grid a bit off the bolt I used. I needed a nut and it causes a small clearance issues but it was easy to resolve.

I really noticed a change in its performance to. Its an awesome upgrade for the cost.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So what im gathering is the zx14 is good for heavier rider second gen and the zx10 is lengthwise a beter choice for the first gen heavier unless you use the shorted dog bones? How effective are the dog bones cause you would be changing the geometry of the linkage i would assume, as with if you lowered the bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts