Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tired of being patient. ive been looking for an 06-07 zx10r shock for a couple months and only seen a couple good deals. both times by the time i check my account balance to make certain that i have the funds, the shock is gone. i refuse to pay 150 to 200 plush shipping. end rant.

anyway is there anywhere else people have found this shock? i check ebay daily and look on zx-10r.net. anywhere else i should look?

G

·
How much do you weigh? If you're 180lbs or more, then consider a ZX14 shock. They might be easier to find. The spring rate on these is a little stiffer... the zx14 spring is 542 lbs./in. compared with the zx10 spring at 460 lbs/in. For comparison, the spring on the OEM shock is 430 lbs/in, so the zx10 shock isn't a whole lot stiffer (but it is adjustable).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Keep looking, I got lucky a few months ago and snagged a 0 mile one for $75 including shipping. I didn't really hesitate cause I know they are somewhat rare especially with no mileage. you'll have one eventually though just be ready to pull that trigger at a moment's notice.

G

·
Scoobinater does the zx-14 have any mounting or clearence issues?
No clearance issues. The [newer] ZX-10 and ZX-14 shocks are basically the same except for spring stiffness, and maybe the colour.

Here's an '06-'07 ZX-10 shock along with the OEM SV650 shock:

Here's the '07 ZX-14 shock I installed on my SV (I believe that '06 and newer are all the same for the ZX-14):

Also, I wrote a few notes and posted a couple of photos here:
http://svtwin.blogspot.com/2009/04/rear-suspension-upgrade.html

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i just had a thought and i feel stupid for not thinking of this before. so the po of my bike cu the tool kit off. correct me if im wrong but wouldn't that make the cheaper 04-05 zx10r shocks a direct replacement?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so i looked into it some more and i think im going to go with the 06 and up gsxr 600 shock due to cheapness and availability. it has a 90 degree resevoir like the zx10 and according to race tech the spring rate is between the zx10r and zx14, which is fine because of how much the gf like to ride 2 up. and again correct me if im wrong because i read this from another post, that the gsxr shocks from 06 up only interfear with the tool box which is already missing from my bike, so all ill need is raising links.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
so i looked into it some more and i think im going to go with the 06 and up gsxr 600 shock due to cheapness and availability. it has a 90 degree resevoir like the zx10 and according to race tech the spring rate is between the zx10r and zx14, which is fine because of how much the gf like to ride 2 up. and again correct me if im wrong because i read this from another post, that the gsxr shocks from 06 up only interfear with the tool box which is already missing from my bike, so all ill need is raising links.
I'm pretty sure those shocks are shorter than the stock ones.

Just something to be aware of.

I'm sure you can search and find more info.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.