Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On April 15 2005 i picked up my first bike. It was a left over from 2004, brand new. This is at the dealer the morning i picked it up.

The first thing i did when i got it home was remove the warning stickers and reflectors. I had bought the OEM seat cowl as well so i installed that. I started doing simple cosmetic mods like a zero gravity windscreen, suzuki stickers on the forks and DIY fender eliminators. To clean up the back end i also installed a clear alternatives tail light. I added spiegler lines on the front to improve the feel of the brakes.

The next winter I decided to powder coat the wheels and get some new rubber. I added the yellow pinstripe on the wheels before i put the wheels back on the bike.

Finally i was able to get the exhaust i had wanted for months. Oh did it sound good!

Next on the list was watsen design signals, an oem hugger, targa exhaust heat shield, holeshot fe and some motosliders.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now i had the bike looking how i wanted it and and sounding better, it was time for some suspension upgrades. Race tech fork springs with 15wt. oil and an ohlins rear shock that my parents got me for christmas.

My uncle passed away that winter so i added a tribute to him on my bike.

Now that the bike was set up really well for me, it was back to some cosmetic and maintenance. New pazzo shorty's and new chain and sprockets.

It now has michelin pilot powers and they are fantastic. That is pretty much it. I love the way it looks, the way it sounds and the way it handles. This was my first bike and i will NOT part with it. When i decide to stop riding it it will be in the rec room with the helmets and other motorcycle memorabilia. Hope you like it ;)

Suzuki solo seat cowl
Suzuki hugger
Zero gravity db dark
Power coated rims w/ yellow pin stripe
Holeshot fender eliminator
Clear alternatives tail lights
Watsen Design LED's
Pazzo shorty levers
Hayabusa bar ends
Motosliders sliders & spools
New wheel bearings
Targa exhaust heat shield
Pro grip tank pad
R6 grips
Race Tech fork stickers
Lockhart Philips valve stem caps
Remove all reflectors and warning stickers
Spiegler brake lines
Ohlins 46PRCL shock
Race tech fork springs
Maxima 15wt. fork oil
Balls Out racing tapered roller bearings
Michelin pilot power tires
Holeshot black high mount
Pair valve
Custom license plate "Zukis"

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I think it's finally time for an update. It's been a few years since the last update. Not much has changed but there are a few things to report.

In 2010 I did a trip to the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia and I made some changes for that trip. I got a holeshot low mount mid pipe so that I could use saddle bags and I replaced my .95 race tech springs with .85 Ohlins springs for a more comfortable ride. I bought a set of cortech sport saddle bags and a cortech sport tail pack. I also picked up a gel seat cushion that was on sale for $15 at Canadian tire.

I also broke 40,000 km on that trip :vroom:

Fast forward to tonight...

I started by dumping in some fresh oil with a new filter and getting the bike fired up for the first time this year. The goal was to swap out the old stock brake reservoirs for new ones and in the process, fresh brake fluid. I have not bled the front brakes yet but here are some pics of what was done.

Before:

Here are all the bits that were removed from the rear brake setup...

and from the front...

Christmas present from Melanie (Zukis Girl)

I made a mess while working tonight, don't worry it's all cleaned up now ;)

And here are the AFTER pics. I am pleased with how it turned out, much cleaner than before.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just some photo's from last summer that I thought I'd add to the build thread. The only thing that has changed since is the brakes reservoirs.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10 years ago today I brought home my first bike. (ignore the date in the first post. It was the 16th not the 15th) Over 43,000 km later including trips to The Dragon and the Cabot Trail, I LOVE this bike!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts