Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting my project to overhaul the entire look of my SV1000s, creating new exhaust and bodywork. The current SV of the month, Todge's Moto-R Design bike, is what really inspired me to start this project. I followed him from early on and its great to finally see the finished project. My process will likely differ quite a bit, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

I've owned my SV for many years and finally feel comfortable doing major work on it. I've been a welder professionally for a few years and have fabricated many things I am proud of. I have also dabbled in modifying the bike's electricals with great success. To top it off, I now have all the tools I need to undertake such a project.

The overall plan:
Fabricate new stainless exhaust system, including custom mufflers.
Computer design and fabricate new tail, bellypan, and front fairings with integrated custom LED lighting.

The design is very much inspired by the geometric shapes used on Lamborghini concepts and Ducati's 1098 and 1198 bikes, and maybe a bit of Batman's tumbler. I am keeping the trademark SV double vertical taillight format, and may imitate that on the front daytime running lights. I am keeping the main frame, but may modify the sub frame. I am in the beginning of the design process, and ideas or comments are greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few quick sketches of the tail section.

Design will develop more as I work on the tail light and 3d model

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Building a bigger work table and some custom tools while continuing to work on the drawings.
I've also done a lot of research to see if there is a suitable tail from another bike, but cant seem to find anything that interests me. I like the simplicity of the KTM RC8 tail and the geometry of the BMW S1000rr.
I'll update with more drawings soon.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm back! No, I haven't built this custom tail yet, but I AM now in a better place to do so. I've actually been busy building drift trikes and bicycles these past few years. My bikes are computer designed and built from raw steel pipe and sheet metal.

MambaBlue.jpg InstigatorPho3.jpg

I am thinking full body work now. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts