Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK lightweight fans. We are always crying here about the lack of competition for the Ninja 250, right?

Well check this out ...

Only question is .. is it real?

Oh ... and would they ever bring it here?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
If that ever comes to America I will eat my own hair.

dp
If that ever comes to America I would probably consider buying it, but if you feel like eating your hair...

I don't think this would ever come to America. Just like Honda's CBR250rr.

I would think with the popularity of the Ninja 250 that other manufacturers would want a piece of the action, don't really know why they don't.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I think the yellow one above is a photoshop, but didnt Yamaha say something about a YZF250 a while back? not that I think they'd bring it to the states....

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I think the yellow one above is a photoshop, but didnt Yamaha say something about a YZF250 a while back? not that I think they'd bring it to the states....
There is a YZF125 that looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are probably thinking of the YZF125 which also never made it here ...

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Ever seen the CBR125RR?
yeah, its crap. I was talking to Honda about it, they wanted to import it. You can't even take it on the freeway. Its basically a scooter.

I suggested the CBR250RR, the VFR400, The CBR400RR and the CB-1 400F. Skip the 125 crap, go with 250's and 400's.

Honda seemed gobsmacked that anybody knew those bikes existed.

dp

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
yeah, its crap. I was talking to Honda about it, they wanted to import it. You can't even take it on the freeway. Its basically a scooter.

I suggested the CBR250RR, the VFR400, The CBR400RR and the CB-1 400F. Skip the 125 crap, go with 250's and 400's.

dp
That's hilariously ironic. You'd think that the bike manufacturers would look at the number 1 selling bike in america (the nin250 i believe) and take note. There's a huge market for it (all beginners and plenty of experienced trackers).

I'm sure the margin of profit is much larger also but whatever right? lol.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
That's hilariously ironic. You'd think that the bike manufacturers would look at the number 1 selling bike in america (the nin250 i believe) and take note. There's a huge market for it (all beginners and plenty of experienced trackers).

I'm sure the margin of profit is much larger also but whatever right? lol.
The funny thing is, they were asking for ideas on "how to bring in more entry level riders" and had a CBR125RR sitting there. The only thing I had good to say about the 125 was that it would make a decent MSF trainer bike.

I was clear that this was not the information they were hoping for.

Interestingly, even Honda had noticed that Cruiser sales were fast declining as their primary buyers get older and older, so they were wanting ways to bring in younger riders and more female riders.

dp

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
shoot, I wish Suzuki would bring the small Naked Bandit back here. I'd be all over one of those in a heartbeat!

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
shoot, I wish Suzuki would bring the small Naked Bandit back here. I'd be all over one of those in a heartbeat!
I fully agree. I loved that bike! So much fun!

But if ever have the chance to ride a VFR400 - probably one of my all time favorite bikes of all time - they are glorious machines! Gear driven-cam V-four motor. Such a brilliant motorcycle! So small, so revvy, plenty of torque, and they change direction faster than a trout!

dp

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
I don't understand what's so cool about getting such a small bike? are you all only 5' tall?
Clearly, you are very American. Living in the land of "bigger is better" its hard to comprehend how less could possibly be more. Little bikes are so much fun to ride.

If you can ride even an SV650 to its full potential, you belong in the AMA race circuit. If you can ride a GSX-R 1k or R1 to its full potential, you belong in WSBK.

But, it is possible for mere mortals to get to the point where you can ride a VFR400 or Bandit 400 to pretty close to the bikes limits, drifting tires, leaning them to high-heaven, and still not going really, all that fast. Plus the bikes are so small and so light, its like riding a powered bicycle.

To quote a very old adage- its more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than it is to ride a fast bike slow.

dp

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
But if ever have the chance to ride a VFR400 - probably one of my all time favorite bikes of all time - they are glorious machines! Gear driven-cam V-four motor. Such a brilliant motorcycle! So small, so revvy, plenty of torque, and they change direction faster than a trout!
Abso-friggin-lutely! :thumbsup:

To quote a very old adage- its more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than it is to ride a fast bike slow.
2 for 2, DP!! ;D

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
canyonchaser.............. did you see the other question? are you 5' tall? I'm 6'2" and I have rode a 250 and I don't fit. it's not about how fast it is.... it's the size of the bike

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
canyonchaser.............. did you see the other question? are you 5' tall? I'm 6'2" and I have rode a 250 and I don't fit. it's not about how fast it is.... it's the size of the bike
See, my original statement stands. You are very American. :)

AFWIW, I know guys bigger than you who ride Ninja 250s. :p

But clearly, one must be a mere five feet tall to ever want to ride a small bike. :rolleyes:

dp

·
Registered
9,110 Posts

dp
Sage words, sir. I've had the good fortune of owning three of the bikes you mentioned. The CBR400RR, the VFR, and the CB-1. All were an absolute blasts to ride. It's a shame that they aren't here. Unfortunately, there are too many morons around who think 600's are "little" bikes. Oh well, the SV ain't half bad.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts