Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
As above. I've just done this swap from my Gen 2 bike. I thought it probably would be but you never know until you get in there. The only bit I had to swap out was the push rod which bears on the pressure plate. The Yoyodene one was 5mm too short so I used the stock one which is adjustable for length too. Luckily the outer diameter of both rods where they locate in the pressure plate housing was 15mm so easy swap. I've test ridden it and all is well but the clutch is a lot harder pull now as the Yoyodene uses CBR600RR springs.
Makes those savage down changes silky smooth! 馃憣

Registered
I think there's a video from Sam at LWT racing where he mentions using half CBR springs and half SV springs to get the clutch pull to not be so stiff, but I haven't done it myself so don't take my word for it...

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I think there's a video from Sam at LWT racing where he mentions using half CBR springs and half SV springs to get the clutch pull to not be so stiff, but I haven't done it myself so don't take my word for it...
Good idea, I may consider that if I'm back inside there again in the future.

Registered
That was one of the things I appreciated on the Z650 test ride I took, OEM slipper clutch. Wish I could perform those aggressive downshifts on the SV.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
That was one of the things I appreciated on the Z650 test ride I took, OEM slipper clutch. Wish I could perform those aggressive downshifts on the SV.
Yeah Kawasaki seem to be specing the slipper clutch on a lot of their bikes. My '18 Ninja 400 has one too, love it.
I know some people say you can adjust your riding technique at the track to get around not having a slipper but I really missed it at my first race meet recently. So much I nearly got the bike all crossed up under heavy braking as I started to tip in when I was still down shifting. The back wheel was wanting to be at the front for a change :giggle:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts