Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
That is pretty sweet. I would just check the bike over after that. A bike like that at those speeds seems a little scary to me. It looks like fun, but, I could just see those wheel bearings breaking and the hub coming apart. I can play it in my mind.... hahahahaha......yeah.....woooo......OH $hit!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is pretty sweet. I would just check the bike over after that. A bike like that at those speeds seems a little scary to me. It looks like fun, but, I could just see those wheel bearings breaking and the hub coming apart. I can play it in my mind.... hahahahaha......yeah.....woooo......OH $hit!
It is more of a thrill to ride than my SV.

Normally I do inspect the bike over....

Biggest thing I check is that there is enough air in the tires. The bike is pretty good... it is a Puegeot. I don't think I would try this on a huffy.

I do wear protective gear though. When I went 50.2 I was wearing FULL motorcycle gear. Normally I just wear a bicycle helmet, gloves, and sun glasses to keep the wind/bugs out of my eyes... usually a good jacket too.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, I didn't mean to bust your Bolls, it looks like a blast.
Sometimes I wonder the same thing.... at these speeds one little problem would be a big one.

My rear tire is actually a solid rubber tire. I wanted that to avoid any high speed flats. Adding solid tires to the regular wheels would help too I think.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
in the video where you're showing the bike, the blocks the trailer is on are vibrating around. careful, or you'll shoot that thing into you house. of course, you could film yourself doing that on purpose for my entertainment. that would be awesome.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
that is awesome! so glad you posted up the ride along video! you were hauling. caught up to that car pretty quick haha.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
That is pretty dang cool. Sorry if I missed it...what is that little motor from??

That thing would be great to have for the high gas prices.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Dude, I about got motion sick. I kept trying to crane my head back to get the camera to come up so I could look down the road.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My rear tire is actually a solid rubber tire. I wanted that to avoid any high speed flats. Adding solid tires to the regular wheels would help too I think.
I would get a good regular tire with a slimed tube. Besides, it's the front tire that gets you. Try stopping a bike from 50 with a front flat - no fun at all.

Now I understand what you mean. I would still go with regular tires and slimed tubes. Solid rubber on a bicycle is harsh.

I would also be concerned with brakes. Keep an eye on the pads, you'll eat them up in a hurry.

BTW, 50 - 65 on a bicycle is a lot more fun on a bicycle than a motorcycle. Unfortunately, I could only hit it in one direction - downhill:mad:

·
Registered
189 Posts
That is pretty cool. I've done 50-55 on the Felt road bike I had back when I used to ride. You know - I wear boots, jeans, gloves, and riding jacket these days on my motorcycle. When I did those speeds on a bicycle on public roads in traffic I would wear a helmet - that's all the protective gear road bicyclists tend to wear. Everything else is for coolness, comfort and efficiency. Still, I wish I still had that Felt - I'd actually have cardio fitness. Anyway, I've rambled. That's an innovative set-up you have there. Well done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts