Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your GF still want you to sell your bike?

It's not a "slick deals" thread buster and it isn't the "Worst of CL" by far.

Here is a deal for you! You can get rid of what you love most and make her even more happier by slipping her one of these while you are on your knees! Muah! :-*

Title:
I'm looking for a Suzuki SV 650 streetbike or other V-twin Sportbike. Willing to trade an Engagement Ring / Wedding Set for the motorcycle.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
:lmao:

I almost want to send this to my GF......

Posting it on facebook is close enough, she might see it.

And TB... it's "your GF", not "you're GF".... :magpie:

SVR GRAMMAR POLICE!

·
Registered
98 Posts
My girlfriend like the idea of this. No way I would trade out my beloved SV for a few ounces of metal and carbon...too bad the GF doesn't view it like that.

·
Registered
337 Posts
:lmao:

I almost want to send this to my GF......

Posting it on facebook is close enough, she might see it.

And TB... it's "your GF", not "you're GF".... :magpie:

SVR GRAMMAR POLICE!
i always forgive using your instead of you're based on the fact that sometimes its just laziness... no special character and less letters
but you're is harder to type, and therefore harder to deny you're not sure which your is correct

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you look above my first sentence, you will see that I edited the title as soon as I made the thread, but it didn't take in the main title. I knew someone would come along and do a spell check and point such as a simple typo, instead of just going with the post. I was going to let it slide off my back, like water to a duck. TBH, I'd rather have proper punctuation than try to decipher what the fcuk someone is writing about, but a typo can still bring the point across just as well as using the correct word.

See what I did there? You still got it. :-*

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
If you look above my first sentence, you will see that I edited the title as soon as I made the thread, but it didn't take in the main title. I knew someone would come along and do a spell check and point such as a simple typo, instead of just going with the post. I was going to let it slide off my back, like water to a duck. TBH, I'd rather have proper punctuation than try to decipher what the fcuk someone is writing about, but a typo can still bring the point across just as well as using the correct word.

See what I did there? You still got it. :-*
To be fair, I don't think you can call using the wrong word a typo. You spelled "you're" correctly, you just didn't use it correctly in your sentence. If you can substitute "you are" then "you're" is correct. If you want to show possession then "your" is the correct spelling.

Speeling=typo
Your/you're=not a typo ;D

For the record, jewelry is a horrible investment and is most certainly overpriced.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be fair, I don't think you can call using the wrong word a typo. You spelled 'you're' correctly, you just didn't use it correctly in your sentence. If you can substitute 'you are' ,then 'you're' is correct. If you want to show possession, then 'your' is the correct spelling.

Speeling=typo
Your/you're=not a typo ;D

For the record, jewelry is a horrible investment and is most certainly overpriced.
Linguistics and punctuation are wonderful things, if used correctly.
FIFY :-*

·
Registered
528 Posts
Am I wrong to be suspicious that the guy had a friend that got scammed selling an engagement ring on craigslist. Seems a little odd that 2 friends would both be selling expensive rings on craigslist, makes me think that maybe they work in a jewelry store and have sticky fingers. Don't most ring stores have a deal that they will buy it back if she shoots you down? At least places like Jared's?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts