Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just put an '05 flyscreen on my '03, I didn't notice a big difference. The air was a little more smooth, less buffeting, but still the same amount. Although the one you linked too is a little taller, so it may make a bit more difference.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
FunkDaddy said:
I just put an '05 flyscreen on my '03, I didn't notice a big difference. The air was a little more smooth, less buffeting, but still the same amount. Although the one you linked too is a little taller, so it may make a bit more difference.

Well get out on the highway, get her up to aboot 70mph and tuck down onto the tank and see what you feel then. I'm talking chest on the gas tank then run her up to about 90 or 100 and see how she feels there.

:)

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
I have that fairing on my 04. It's not very effective at protecting you from any wind blast. It does seem to reduce a little of the buffeting aroubd the helmet at speed, but only by a little bit.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have the one you showed from oneida on my 03 and I like the looks with it on better than with it off. It helps a little, not much just a little. Cleans up the lines of the bike too. :)

G

·
looks good to me, very ducati-esque.  Its a shame they dont make a red sv with that fairing(with white wheels :p ) If the speed four had that instead of the 'pod' it would sell more bikes.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think that those are more for looks than anything. The plain headlight is just down right ugly in my opinion. I pretty much takes something like that to make it look better, but I don't think they're nearly as functional as some may think.

·
Registered
231 Posts
When I bought my 04 naked new it already came with the sportshield on it. I'm not really bothered by the wind until about 80 mph. Also at that speed I can live with the buffeting. I really like the way the sportshield changes the look and appearance of the naked SV. 8)
If your looking for more wind protection, I'm afraid the aftermarket is the way to go.
Cheers! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts