Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I'm not talking about that sweet Cagiva V-Raptor that looks like it might kill something at any moment. I'm talking about where you would go if money and time were not an issue.

How much do you really enjoy riding? Enough to do an overnighter? Or enough to take a year out of your life to change the way you view the world? Ever since I saw the series "Long Way 'Round" on BRAVO, I wished I had more money and time... and friends.

So, riddle me this... What would be your dream ride. Like I said, don't worry about work, money, or anything like that. But keep it realistic. Something that might be achievable at some point in your life. How far would you go?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am not sure I could make a cross-country trip on my SV, it just isn't comfortable enough (stock at least).

But ever since driving across country last summer I would love to make a it bike trip!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'd seriously love to take a 10 day tour down the BlueRidge Parkway to Deal's gap (and surrounding area). I rode to Erie (by way of W.VA) this Spring and when I got back to VA, I wasn't ready to be done riding). If the roads are curvy and the scenery is nice, I could ride forever.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would like to ride in every state in the US.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
After a tour of the entire Western U.S., I would love to ride all of Europe, from Norway to the bottom of the boot in Italy...

C'mon lotto, big money...

·
Registered
62 Posts
a sport tourer like the Ducati ST4, back roads of america, the curviest roads possible. Another possability would be 1 month with me and a few few friends aboard something like gold wings. but I would set my sites on each major body of water touching our great land. The Pacific, Atlantic, Golf of mexico and the great lakes

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
My Dream Ride

·
Registered
186 Posts
stranger said:
one of:

the tour de france route on a motorcycle
done this in car last summer... and i want to do it again on a motorcycle soon.

Q

·
Registered
313 Posts
pretty much around the Northern hemisphere starting in Ireland, England acrossed to Europe Via the Alps down to Italy back northwest toward and acrossed China, north into Russia then Alaska and back to NY. I guess this wouldn't be entirely realistic, but i would go for it without hesitation, if given the chance and at least one other rider, preferably a hot chick :wink:

·
Registered
551 Posts
accross the u.s. would be awesome! just to see all the cool sh!t. if i like that enough i might be intersested in doing another country...europe prolly

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'd love for my fiance' and I to ride all around the backroads of Europe and camp where we can, and stay in five star hotels when we feel like it.

There's something very elemental about the motorcycle traveler: wordless, swift, bare, wandering...never lost.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Planning my first: a motorcycle tour of Lake Michigan and Superior when the leaves turn in autumn, camping the whole way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
More like a combo dream ride/drive... My wife and I are planning to load up the bikes in the van and take a tour of track days on all the European main land GP tracks. This year, that would mean:

Jerez, Estoril, Le Mans, Mugello, Catalunya, Assen, Sachsenring, Brno, and Valencia. :twisted:

Just have to plan well ahead to get all days booked, several weeks off work and a bunch of money...

We are going to the Tor Poznan track in Poland for three track days in September, though. We were there in May as well and it was great 8)

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I think it would be cool to take a tour of the US, with stops at as many SVrider locations as possible. It would be sweet to stop at all the different places there are SVrider members, hang with them for a day or two, see their areas, crash on their couches. Although, I'd prolly have to spend a week at WillyT's house !! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
my dream ride is the NHIS track-- in one session you get 112 curves in about 12 miles and you can still hit triple digit speeds every 1.5 miles. there are no guard rails, no oncoming cars, the pavement never has gravel, and medical staff are standing by on the premises if you crash.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
ridesideways said:
my dream ride is the NHIS track-- in one session you get 112 curves in about 12 miles and you can still hit triple digit speeds every 1.5 miles. there are no guard rails, no oncoming cars, the pavement never has gravel, and medical staff are standing by on the premises if you crash.
gees' just sign up for one of Tony's track days, that's not much of a dream

1 - 20 of 22 Posts