Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I LOVE the way our bikes sound, especially with an aftermarket pipe like the M4 I have, but ever since taking the bike to work, all I hear from the guys(douche bags) at work is how my bike sounds like a four wheeler and not a REAL motorcycle. One douche bag even said I should return the M4 for a different pipe. At first I tried to explain to the guys that the SV has a V-twin not an inline, and that they need to listen to a Ducati, somewhat the same sound. At first I thought I got my point across, boy was I wrong.

EVERYDAY all I hear is..."Ryan's bike sounds like a 4- wheeler, it sounds like ****, so and so's bike doesn’t sound like that.. blah blah blah. Its ****%ng annoying! Now none of these fruits even own a bike so I should not even give a turd what they think, but it bugs me! So I am asking you guys, do I ignore their comments and laugh that they cant experience this great bike, or do I come up with some smart azz remarks to make them feel stupid?? Sorry I had to vent.

·
Registered
152 Posts
poop in your hand and throw it at them. works every time.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
EVERYDAY all I hear is..."Ryan's bike sounds like a 4- wheeler, it sounds like ****, so and so's bike doesn’t sound like that.. blah blah blah. Its ****%ng annoying! Now none of these fruits even own a bike so I should not even give a turd what they think, but it bugs me! So I am asking you guys, do I ignore their comments and laugh that they cant experience this great bike, or do I come up with some smart azz remarks to make them feel stupid?? Sorry I had to vent.
You work with very stupid people, so get a better job with smarter coworkers. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
So I LOVE the way our bikes sound, especially with an aftermarket pipe like the M4 I have, but ever since taking the bike to work, all I hear from the guys(douche bags) at work is how my bike sounds like a four wheeler and not a REAL motorcycle. One douche bag even said I should return the M4 for a different pipe. At first I tried to explain to the guys that the SV has a V-twin not an inline, and that they need to listen to a Ducati, somewhat the same sound. At first I thought I got my point across, boy was I wrong.

Just roll up with one of their girlfriends on the back of your ride.

;)

·
Registered
997 Posts
Whoever said 4 wheelers sounded bad? :p

Give it a good rev and see what they think... I know I was amazed at how sweet a LV pipe sounded first time I heard it (only time I have heard a piped SV rev).

·
Registered
835 Posts
Well, what do their bikes sound like?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jealous and/or trying to **** you off and it's working.

Don't be quiet and just take it and/or laugh along cause then they think you're just retarded and they start to pick on you some more. Don't let them see that they are getting under your skin cause then it's more fun and they will continue.

Kind of go with it and try to say something to shut them up from time to time. I don't know exactly what (would depend on situation) but make some remark about them that you know would bug them as much as as this bugs you. But still, by doing this, don't show that it actually bothers you that they say stuff about your bike.

I've had colleagues like that, just in different situations. It's just a case of getting the upper hand and to a point that they know that if they make a stupid remark you will put them in their place. Typical guys wanting to be the "alfa male" behaviour.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Step 1:
Craft a straight pipe to look like you're M4.​

Step 2:
Get them to stand next to your bike.​

Step 3:
Put in your ear plugs​

Step 4:
Start and Rev​

Lather, Rinse, Repeat... I think that will shut them up.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ignore the douche bags. I think the SV/M4 combo sounds great. Its what I have on my bike. If you like the sound, then nothing else matters.

·
Registered
465 Posts
poop in your hand and throw it at them. works every time.
this might be a good option but first I'd try sarcasm

1 - 20 of 62 Posts