Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Lifer
7,826 Posts
After listening to the audio, you can hear that this isn't the Director of Photography's first offense.

I'm not going to defend someone who sounds as nuts as Bale does but at the same time after reading around, we really don't know what was going on, how many hours they had been shooting, how stressed he is about not having seen his wife/kid, etc, etc. Again, not trying to make excuses but I'm sure if we picked a 3 minute clip out of everyone's life so out of context, we'd all be surprised.

*shrugs*

· Registered
5,388 Posts
MW dictionary said:
4. MAD
Main Entry:
1mad Listen to the pronunciation of 1mad
Pronunciation:
\ˈmad\
Function:
adjective
Inflected Form(s):
mad·der; mad·dest
Etymology:
Middle English medd, madd, from Old English gemǣd, past participle of *gemǣdan to madden, from gemād silly, mad; akin to Old High German gimeit foolish, crazy
Date:
before 12th century

1: disordered in mind : insane2 a: completely unrestrained by reason and judgment <driven mad by the pain> b: incapable of being explained or accounted for <a mad decision>3: carried away by intense anger : furious <mad about the delay>4: carried away by enthusiasm or desire <mad about horses>5: affected with rabies : rabid6: marked by wild gaiety and merriment : hilarious7: intensely excited : frantic8: marked by intense and often chaotic activity : wild <a mad scramble>
1 check
2 check
3 check
4 check
5 Rabies test pending
6 not so much
7 check

· Registered
20,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After listening to the audio, you can hear that this isn't the Director of Photography's first offense.

I'm not going to defend someone who sounds as nuts as Bale does but at the same time after reading around, we really don't know what was going on, how many hours they had been shooting, how stressed he is about not having seen his wife/kid, etc, etc. Again, not trying to make excuses but I'm sure if we picked a 3 minute clip out of everyone's life so out of context, we'd all be surprised.

*shrugs*

Exactly what I was thinking.

Plenty of people here at work who have been told time and time again not to do something... yet they do it anyway. Regardless of how many times you seem to explain it to them, they don't seem to understand, or simply continue to do it out of spite.

So, sometimes it takes a few minute spat of insane and hatefull lecture to get through to their feeble brain that they aren't supposed to do it. And as you said, because it's taken out of context, you have no clue as to the situation. Perhaps the DP was a constant troublemaker, and this was the final straw. Perhaps Bale was doing a very intense scene, where he had to show alot of powerfull and angry emotion. You can't exactly turn that on and off like a switch. I've also heard that Bale has been distraught about the loss of Heath Leger, whom he was very close with. I can understand this completely.

I can see both sides of the story, that's for sure.

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Okay, just listened to it. Sounds like another day at the factory. I think I'm going to sue him for plagiarism. I have that same talk almost verbatim with one of my brain-deads I inherited at least weekly. Only I'm talking tablesaws instead of cameras and molten metal instead of acting.

· Premium Member
14,958 Posts
but he's sooooo dreamy :love10:
You saw American Psycho did you?

And I'm gonna say Christian must have grown up in Mass. Srsly we talk and swear like that up in Mass, no lie either. Phuckin watch the phuckin Departed again if you don't phuckin believe me. Phuckin A man!!!

OH and Mike is angrier.

:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.