Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I started some mods on his '08 SF yesterday. Here are a few pics, we still have to add the PCIII.

He decided to leave the lowers off while he learns to ride this one.

It was a GREAT father's day! Spending the day in the garage with your son wrenching on bikes is awesome!

The exhaust was a bit too high, but I used a GSXR hanger that I bought somewhere on clearance. We had to open up the mounting holes a bit, because the SV holes were wider spaced. It would have been a bit more difficult with the stock passenger peg, but not much. We were able to push the can/midpipe down enought to get it to bolt up, with no problems.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
I knew it. Glad it worked out for you, I'd feel bad otherwise. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the volume like on the exhaust?
I'm charging up the camera and I'll shoot a bit of video.

It sounds strange to me because I've never had a V twin before.

I'll get a bit of my C14 for comparison.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That's great, and if you could answer me this- and I know it's subjective- Would you feel like a douchebag pulling out of the driveway every day at 7am due to the noise, or can you baby the throttle to keep it reasonable?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the same exhaust on my 06 SV650N. Its not loud at all. Nothing like my RS-3 that I had on a previous SV... That thing was loud!

This pipe actually sounds decent. Your neighbors will not hate you.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
That's great, and if you could answer me this- and I know it's subjective- Would you feel like a douchebag pulling out of the driveway every day at 7am due to the noise, or can you baby the throttle to keep it reasonable?
You can totally be resonable with it, even when I had my 200mm Delkevic, if you baby it, its not that loud.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm charging up the camera and I'll shoot a bit of video.

It sounds strange to me because I've never had a V twin before.

I'll get a bit of my C14 for comparison.

Did your bike have the oxygen sensor on it? If so what did you do with it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts