Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey all, looking to get this slip on exhaust within the next week, hoping this is an install i can do by myself. is there any cutting involved or just bolts to remove and replace? is there a write up anywhere on here? thanks so much guys

01sv650s

is this exhaust even available for this bike? haha. i want something louder than stock, but not crazy crazy loud, looking to spend in the 300 range, thanks all

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The RS3 comes with a brief instruction page that covers the procedure sufficiently.

Summarized:
Cut pipe a few inches from the weld.
Undo bolt.
Remove stock exhaust.
Place RS3 onto pipe, tighten clamp.
Bolt onto passenger peg mount.
Be noisy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok easy enough, thank for that info sir. motorcycle superstore said there was no cutting involved, but i thought there must be, thats why i was confused. what type of saw can cut thru this? thanks so much for the help

·
Registered
101 Posts
I cut mine off with a combination of hacksaw and dremel tool with cutoff discs..but, a sawzall would be quicker with the correct blade installed. The install of the new one took minutes, easiest part.

-Tyler

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok great, u guys rock, thank you. cant wait to hear the difference from the boring quiet exhaust to the RS-3. really looking forward to it

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
all slip ons for SVs require cutting the pipe - there's no other way to remove it, sadly.

I've got a full RS3 on my bike and like it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got it on and running. took me longer than all of yall tho haha a lot longer, bout 2 hours actually. if i did it again i bet i could knock it down to 30 minutes or so though. was curious to get your opinion on this though; i didnt expect any power gains, but damn it sure feels a heck of a lot quicker, does anyone else notice this too? I got it just for sound and looks, but was really really surprised when i gunned it for the first time. thanks for all the info in this thread, helped a lot

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
^ Have you rejetted for the exhaust? SV's are pretty lean to start with, adding a more free-flowing exhaust makes this more lean.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ Have you rejetted for the exhaust? SV's are pretty lean to start with, adding a more free-flowing exhaust makes this more lean.
I have not.. i didnt think i needed to for a slip on? any bike shop can do this? or is it something i can do myself? ( doubt it ) thank you

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
after reading how to re-jet, id rather take it somewhere to be done. sounds like something to complex and risky for me to touch.. wonder how much thatll run me haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts