Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get a full exhaust system for my 06' SV650s. I am unsure of what to get. I has told that Yoshimura is best for suzuki. What is the difference between the TRS and the RS-3? What is the best way to go for a full system, yoshi or otherwise? Any input would help. Thanks

??? ??? ???

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am not a big fan of the Yoshs on the SV. Sure Yosh and Suzuki seem to go hand in hand, but I think they concentrate on the performance of their inline 4 GSX-R exhausts. M4 on the other hand actually races SVs. They have a lot of research and development on our bikes and net a little bit more power (sweet sounding in my opinion also). Leo Vince is another company that will out perform the Yosh. A bit pricier, but great exhaust. I have seen several dynos done and M4 and Leo Vince have gained more power and torque then Yosh (after fuel remapping). This is my two cents. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Not one of those mentioned will do sh!t for your power on a stock, street SV. The Yosh TRS Carbon Fiber looks bad-ass on the SV, though.

That's why I have it!

·
Registered
140 Posts
M4 makes the best by far for the SV. They have dedicated the most time, money and testing into our bikes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh My Sack, if you put an exhaust on a bike it is NO LONGER "stock". And I have had my bike dynoed before and after my M4 full system was installed, and the M4 had more power throughout the whole powerband.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
And you got what 2 maybe 3 horsepower, tops after a remap? And at what cost? $300+ PC III, $600+ for exhaust, $350 for the Dyno?

·
Registered
44 Posts
3 on top, but up to 4 in midrange. Power Commander III USB $230, and dyno and custom map $120. Well worth it in my opinion, especially for the mid-range punch. That extra mid-range is frickin sweet on the street. And the original poster sounds like he is set on a full-system, he was just asking for opinions on performance. Yosh is a great company. Their finished products are nice, I just havent seen a Yosh system beat an M4 or Leo Vince on the dyno (but we all know we dont ride/race on paper) so take my opinion for what its worth.

·
Registered
384 Posts
A full exhaust on a 650 will get you no where! If you want more power...step up to a bigger bike. If a bigger bike is too much...be happy with the 650. I almost forgot, Yoshi FTW! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just really like the way my SV handles in the turns, I can throw this ***** around. I tried doing that with my buddy 01 929 and that **** was awkward as hell. I was thinking about superbiking it once I have the cash. I just love having the V-twin, the weight distribution is amazing! So from what I gather, the general consciences is... Go with the M4. It was made for the SV...?

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I am wanting to get a full exhaust system for my 06' SV650s. I am unsure of what to get. I has told that Yoshimura is best for inline four suzukis.
Fixed it for you.

Have you heard the M4 or Leo Vince?

Also, why a full system? You do realize the performace gains on the SV are negligible, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts