2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can one be found online. no one seems to have the full system for an 05

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dom said:
oneidasuzuki.com, indysuperbikes.com, kneedraggers.com...did you look very hard? :p
looked at oneida and knee draggers only thing that was 05 speficific was slip-ons. are 04-05s the same??

·
Registered
203 Posts
try pipe-city.com they know the diff between 2nd gen sv's. I guarentee they will get ya what you need. I saw 6 diff yosh full systems for the 05 when i looked it up. Just type "sv" into the search engine and scroll over to yosh ;D

·
Registered
629 Posts
M4 Exhaust has full systems for the 05 SV and has a awesome sound. It mellows out when cruising but is nice and throaty down low. I have heard both yosh and m4 and prefer the M4.

Warning...make sure you get a 04-05 exhaust and not the 03. A lot of places are advertising wrong saying 03-05 but the 03 has a different mid pipe. Do not buy a 03. Do a search on this tech section and you will see the post about this same question:

http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=51014.0 (I have a sound clip on this one)

http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=50487.0 (info on yosh and M4)

Call Yosh and M4 and ask them directly for the correct part number once you decide on the system you want. Specifically Carbon, Titanium or Stainless mufflers (lightest to heaviest). I bought the M4 Full Carbon/Titanium/Stainless system. The Titanium was $50 more and the only titanium piece was the 9" section of mid pipe. not much of a weight savings there. Personally if I had known that it was that little I would have bought Carbon/Stainless. I paid $689 for mine from Starcycle that included shipping also.

Check out 2wheel junkie (Site sponsor) and see what they can do for you. Also check ebay but beware a lot of ebay adds have wrong years listed. Get the part number first then go searching.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ya, make sure you get the right part #. It still might not fit exactly. I had the correct part # and it still took a little...umm...encouregment to get it on.

·
Registered
629 Posts
My M4 fit perfet, no problems at all, I also used red rtv sealant on all joints for added protection against any leaks. I was really impressed at how well mine fit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here's a link for all of Suzuki bike with years I had done a search about a month ago when I was looking for an RS-3 slip on for my '05 originally the 03 part was ordered for me but I looked further into it and found the right part# for the '05  it will also fit the '04....The Correct part number for a Yoshimura rs-3 Titanium is 1112257 which I got but here is a link for whatever one you want....

http://starcycle.com/street/yoshi_suzuki.html

Hope that helped you out...

OH one more thing just as long as you give whoever you are ordering it from the right part# they should be able to get it for you or just go directly to Yoshimura website and order it from them...

·
Registered
629 Posts
ebay is one of the cheapest way's to order or one of the sponsors...do not think Yosh will give you a price break like a vendor will.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts