Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the way the yoshimura TRS looks and sounds, but I have heard that there are some problems with 05 frame as far as installation goes. Is this true and does anyone have any other recommendation for a good slip-on?

·
Registered
398 Posts
They have a kit for it now. make sure the place you order it from has a different part number for 03 and 04-05

N

·
0 Posts
They fixed everything.  They have a new exhaust that they made for the 04-05 models that was released this summer.  Here are some pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NaranjaTang - Where you able to install the pipe yourself. And if you did how long did it take you to install it.

N

·
0 Posts
Yea I had some help w/ a friend installing it. It took about 4 hours to install and put in Power Commander.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I installed a full TRS system last week with no issues.
45 minutes start to finish. My power commander was already installed.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
most exhausts for the sv sound pretty much the same...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
wonderjosh said:
most exhausts for the sv sound pretty much the same...
pretty much... ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
That looks awesome, is that a full system? 

I'm looking at getting a slip on either an M4 or a Yosh. I talked to a dealer today and they told me you don't need to cut the stock exhaust for the 04-05 Yosh slip on.  Does anyone know if that is true?  I told them everything I saw on-line indicated for the slip on you had to cut, both Yosh and M4.

·
Registered
21 Posts
JoeyB said:
That looks awesome, is that a full system? 

I'm looking at getting a slip on either an M4 or a Yosh.  I talked to a dealer today and they told me you don't need to cut the stock exhaust for the 04-05 Yosh slip on.  Does anyone know if that is true?  I told them everything I saw on-line indicated for the slip on you had to cut, both Yosh and M4.
I have heard this also. I was looking at a yosh, m4 or a scorpion and my mananic said he was prettty sure you have cut the stock exhaust for a slip on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts