Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the search function and couldn't find what I am looking for some I am going to attempt to ask you guys without getting **** on.

I have a 2006 SV650S.

I bought the Xenon HID 8000s

This morning I took the front end apart and I found that there is one single connector for the entire wiring harness (Blinkers, parking lights, headlights)

How am I supposed to connect my HID's in, do I need to cut open the harness and somehow splice in the HIDs? Do I need to use the ballast? Do I need to use the capacitor? Also I don't see where I would be able to keep the ballasts hidden. I'll need to install two lights because the bike has two headlights.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Use the 2 connectors that go on the end of the bulbs themselves.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did you buy a kit, or just bulbs? If you bought the kit, is it a plug n play?

If you bought just the bulbs, you're going to need some more parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the kits and it didn't look plug and play, that was my question. I will try what HQfiend said soon.

·
Registered
134 Posts
When I installed my ddm kit I used one of the stock bulb connectors and plugged it into the provided relay harness. Then I went and bought another relay and wired it up to the oil pressure sensor so that when the oil pressure light goes out it triggers the relay to close and send power to the ballasts. Works awesome. My lights don't come on at all until I release the starter button.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
94 Posts
Knowing exactly which kits you bought and where you bought them from would help. In a PnP kit the headlight connector usually connects to the ballast, and then the ballast connects to the headlight. DDM kits have a separate power relay as well.

EDIT: Saw the part about the capacitors, will look around and see what I can find. As for hiding the ballasts, get creative. In a month or so I'll be playing hide the ballast on a naked model. That sounds dirtier than intended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts