Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a fender eliminator on my 2004 SV650 Naked.
No integrated turn signals.
Prefer Pearl Yellow to match, but that's probably going to be nearly impossible, so I guess Black is the next best color.
If anyone can point me to a color matched 2004 Yellow fender eliminator w/o integrated turn signals, that would be awesome, but for now, I'll assume that I should go black.
For License Plate lighting, I'm thinking of using a black Radiantz 6 LED license plate frame.
For turn signals, I'm leaning towards some Motrax clear LED turn signals with yellow tips from Cycle Gear.

After reading the forum, I think I've narrowed it down to Holeshot and Targa, but I won't be using the turn signals that come with them. Can they be purchased w/o the turn signals but with the brackets for the turn signals? These things are both a bit pricey especially conisidering I'm not going to use the lighting that comes with them.

Any others I should consider that would be prepped for lighting but don't come with the lights?

I'm really not up to making my own, I don't think...

Thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Hamicad eliminator. If you do a search on Hamicad you'll see pictures of it on a thread I started months ago on this subject. Scroll down to "Hamicad fender eliminator". Might not be what you're looking for, but I and several others on this board have them and like them. They fit nicely fwiw.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i have the oem suzuki one modified by just zipping the bottom off with a dremel and putting the turn signal stalks inside the bracket.
[/IMG]

cheap and easy

·
Registered
653 Posts
1+ on the Hamicad

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dubtecv2 (svrider member) makes some pretty sharp (and inexpensive) fender eliminators. Check out this thread:

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=93987
Those are pretty cool. I originally overlooked the thread because I thought it was just designs for do-it-yourselfers. I didn't know he was selling them. On something like page 17 there's a great looking one that someone painted using truck bed liner paint. If he has any more in stock, that's probably what I'll do, but if I have to wait 3 or 6 months then I'm still looking...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1+ on the Hamicad
Paul,

That looks really nice. Two questions for you... Did you find the Hamicad in the states somewhere or did you have to mail order for it from Europe?

And, where did you get that Yellow rear hugger? I want one!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Those are pretty cool. I originally overlooked the thread because I thought it was just designs for do-it-yourselfers. I didn't know he was selling them. On something like page 17 there's a great looking one that someone painted using truck bed liner paint. If he has any more in stock, that's probably what I'll do, but if I have to wait 3 or 6 months then I'm still looking...
Think he's got some in stock ready to ship. Just send him a pm to see what he's got.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
653 Posts
I ordered the Hamicad from England, took a little over a week to get here. He used to sell on eBay, but you can get his address off of sv650.org.

The Hugger is the OEM item. Make sure if you get a color match that you get a 2003 or 2004 yellow, it is a different color. Watch eBay, I got mine for $45.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IThe Hugger is the OEM item. Make sure if you get a color match that you get a 2003 or 2004 yellow, it is a different color. Watch eBay, I got mine for $45.
Now that was a steal! $45! They're $160 or better new if you shop for them... I'll have to keep my eyes open. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts