Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, as almost everyone here knows about the cct noise on sv's
I have adjusted it twice already and put a few drops of oil through the top.
I adjused it the second time with engine running and got the noise to stop completely, but when I release tension from the "homemade" screwdriver I can feel it slightly rotate/rattle back to the loose side.

so, my questions are
1. should I replace the tensioner since it is backing out?(i believe this is a one-way tensioner)
2. is there an alternative you may reccomend? (manual type)

I know I can adjust it and not worry about it, but it is damn annoying, and my bike seems to run/start/ride better without the rattle.

BTW
I made a long screwdriver from a old wire clothes hanger, I cut the straight section to about 13 inches,
and hammered it flat, then grinded down the sides to make it fit. It's nice a flexible yet stiff enough to turn the tensioner with no problems.\

Thanks everyone!
SportSV

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
It's not a one way tensioner, it's spring loaded. TBH noise from the cam chain is perfectly natural... Unless it was constant and very loud, I wouldn't worry about it. It is annoying,mind, and I entirely understand the desire to get rid of it. I understand K3> tensioners are a more effiicient design. You don't want manuals on a street bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts