Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D 

Well, I finished it this weekend.  It now has a black front wheel, new rotors, and I put the GSXR 750 calipers back on.  It looks AMAZING in real life - the pics suck in comparison.  I also installed a 130 dB horn that I found and I am really glad that I put it on.  It's so much louder and it sounds like a car now :) 

So what do ya think?  I love it!  I don't know what else there is to do now though....I might just have to ride it a lot...haha

·
Registered
326 Posts
That is the best looking yellow s model out there.;)

looking great man. How does it ride?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It rides great so far, I've only put about 25 miles on it since the swap. I spent all weekend working and cleaning on it...

It feels really fast in the front now...I think its because of the Diablo front tire. it's a horrible shaped tire IMO. it's very sharp V shaped, I think that is what is causing the fast falling feeling...I just need to ride it and tune it a little bit.

But its SWEET overall.

:)

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
very nice, i like it.

oh btw if you ever crash it and wanna turn it into a nekkid
i'll take all those extra nasty parts off your hands... ;D

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
RedAggie03 said:
dude - knock on some wood! If I crash, I'm going to kick your ass! :mad:
rofl, dont forget to take pics

of the wadded up bike AND of the ass whooping ;D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks awesome man :D

Gives me an idea of how mine will look, once I get around to powdercoat my rear rim :p

I see you got the Watsen indicators up front.
How are the visibility on those ?

M

·
0 Posts
Well done. Very sharp looking.

Where did you get the wave rotor and how muchy?
and what problems were you having witht he 1000 calipers?
I have them installed on with the same front end as you and have noticed they click as the wheels rotate. I thought my rotors where warped but had them chacked and was told the 1000 caliper pads werent being held in place securley anough because the caliper only uses one pin to hold tham in place so they wobble.
The noise pisses me off but they stop good and i love the bling of six pistons.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, lots of questions! here it goes:

1. Rotor I got from eBay, ummmI think I paid $25 shipped for it. Yes, I stole it ;D

2. Lowers are direct from Suzuki. I bought them with my bike from the dealer

3. Speedometer - I installed a GSXR speed sensor on the counter shaft. I like this option better because I do not have to deal with it if I remove the front wheel etc. here is my write up on it: http://people.tamu.edu/~redaggie03/Sv650 Portal/Write-Ups Page/SV Speedo Healer.htm

4. Calipers - I was also having some issues with the 1000 calipers. First off, I did not like the feel of them, they felt very mushy compared to the 750 calipers. Also, I realized that I was using GSXR-600 rotors instead of GSXR-1000 rotors which caused warping (I think). I also heard the click and finally I did not like the gold on a yellow bike. SO, I put the 4-pots back on, they work better, they feel better, and they look better.

5. Hahah - I have GSXR-1000 calipers for sale. New pads with maybe 1,000 miles usage. The calipers work good, but tend to warp GSXR-600 rotors - :) PM me and make an offer if you want them

6. Watsen Designs - LOVE THEM. Nope, never got the yellow to match to my analness....Got really close, but just decided the semi-flat black would look better. they are VERY bright and I feel safe using them....MUCH more visiable than my clear alternatives tail light.

Thanks for the positive comments. Let me know if anyone wants help modifying their SV, I think I have done it all now except for the SSSA swap (not doing it) and powdercoating the frame (not doing it). My web site is back up and in full force - www.RedAggie03.info or www.SVRider.info :)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Looks aggressive yet stylish. Me likey. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
I dig it. hey, did you have polished stock wheels before that you might wanna part with?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just have my stock rear wheel. I already sold my rear. I'd consider selling it if the price is right

Thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts