Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting by my door when I got home from work. It is the EVOII for those who were wondering. I ordered it from indysuperbikes.com for $284 shipped. That's $60 less than the next guy.

I immediately ran to the hardware store and picked up a sawsall. Installation took only about an hour and I love the thing already. The matte finish really gets me off too. No pics of the can on the bike yet, waiting for the weather to clear up so I can get some good pics in the sun. I'll get some ASAP, I promise.

The thing is quieter than expected but it has a very welcome rumble. It looks so much better than the stock can too.

The one question I have is how do you get the quiet insert out? I removed the screw but that steel insert won't budge.

I don't know why I had the urge, but is this really necessary?

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
No, it's not necessary, please do that behind closed doors in private.

Leo Vince makes some nice cans, I am sure it will bring much joy to you (as we can see) and your SV.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I like those......but not enough to want to get inside leo's can.....but i guess to each their own.

·
Registered
67 Posts
not to be a noob but on indy's site they say it fits an 03 to 05, im supposing it will fit my 07, am i correct in this assumption? if so im pullin the trigger on this thing tonight.

oh and thanks silver for your update, very helpful

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I specified in the comments section when I ordered that I have an '07 and that '03 has a different subframe. LeoVince has the same part numbers on their site for the '03-'08 lineup. Anyway, the mid-pipe I got had "('03)" on the packaging and no other years. It fits with no issues. Also, the LV instructions say to cut the stock headers 50mm from the weld for '07, that's about 2 inches. Look on the Yoshimura website and they have an actual picture of the weld: http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/images/product/pdf/1112265.pdf

There are two baffles, one insert and one plate. The plate goes between the midpipe and the slip-on. My insert is stuck and I'll have to pound it out from the inside. You'll see what I mean if you get the LV

Like I said earlier too, it is pretty quiet without the plate (the baffle to make the can E-marked). I thought for sure it'd be louder. I can hear the can over the intake up to 45 mph and above that, wind noise. Just as a gauge of how quite the can with just the quiet insert, I can hear the chain when I'm under 10mph. It's nice to know that I'm not being obnoxious.

Finally, I couldn't get the mounting strap to fit on the inside of the peg-mount (like the stock hanger) so I mounted to the outside. I'll post pics later.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
788 Posts
good stuff, I'm waiting patiently (who am I kidding? I can't freaking wait...). Glad to hear it's relatively quiet, and the brushed aluminum was a big thing for me, too.

oh, and I COL'd (chuckled out loud) at your "can love" pic.

·
Registered
63 Posts
SEXY!!! My 08SV650 sounds GREAT with mine......I put the baffle plate in cuz i'm a wuss but I love it!

Can't wait to see pics!

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good stuff, I'm waiting patiently (who am I kidding? I can't freaking wait...). Glad to hear it's relatively quiet, and the brushed aluminum was a big thing for me, too.

oh, and I COL'd (chuckled out loud) at your "can love" pic.
Just one more comment to get a metric on the volume, without the plate but the quiet insert (baffle in the end cap) in. Above 7K RPM it doesn't seem to sound louder than stock, it rumbles better and lower in pitch but doesn't seem louder. In fact, you hear the intake over the exhaust at any higer RPMs. I'm going to pull that insert out and see what it sounds like.

Oh, the brushed Al finish matched the other matte finishes on the bike pretty well.

I saw other people love their cans, like ASCSurveyor and GMSlave, so I wondered what the big hype was. It... was... awesome.

Pics of the can on the bike will be up soon, either today or tomorrow. The SV needs a good wash and a wax first, from all this riding in the rain.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Congrats on the new can, which is the one i hope to get this fall. With our bikes being fuel injected do they recomend like a power comander to keep it from being to lean. Some guys have told its fine and others say it will be to lean, but either way it would be nice to actually hear the bike.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on the new can, which is the one i hope to get this fall. With our bikes being fuel injected do they recomend like a power comander to keep it from being to lean. Some guys have told its fine and others say it will be to lean, but either way it would be nice to actually hear the bike.
No PCIII is needed with a slip-on; you could even go to a full system on the stock mapping. Unless you are going to Dyno-tune the PCIII, it's a waste of money.

·
Registered
335 Posts
No PCIII is needed with a slip-on; you could even go to a full system on the stock mapping. Unless you are going to Dyno-tune the PCIII, it's a waste of money.
Thats what i was figureing as i'm sure the bike is set on the rich side from the factory anyways, all i want is a slip-on for a throatier sound because i will keep this bike pretty much stock.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats what i was figureing as i'm sure the bike is set on the rich side from the factory anyways, all i want is a slip-on for a throatier sound because i will keep this bike pretty much stock.
This does the trick.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to include. The LV has a bit of a squeak/whistle to it on occation. It isn't bad at all and only shows up at idle, I think it's due to the insert.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I swear I have the same can, but no insert or baffle. Get a pic of the insert if you can. Mine had the same mesh baffle, but it was almost straight through besides just a little bump in the middle Like a pea on each side.

It does look alot better than stock.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts