Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some frame sliders on ebay (yes I know that Motosliders are the best) and after installing them I see that the left side stick out about 1/8 of an inch farther than the right, this may be the way that it is with all of them or just this high quality set.

I will try and post some pics to illustrate what I am talking about.

Left side

Right side

Left side before I put the frame sliders on

·
Registered
688 Posts
Mine ebay sliders do the same thing (assuming you were asking if that was okay).

I think it is fine.

One thing I did notice with these sliders was after using them once (20mph slide after some idiot slammed on there brakes for an invisible stop sign...) Some oil seeped through the left one- ony a little drip- been bone dry since....

Guess that's typical though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine ebay sliders do the same thing (assuming you were asking if that was okay).

I think it is fine.

One thing I did notice with these sliders was after using them once (20mph slide after some idiot slammed on there brakes for an invisible stop sign...) Some oil seeped through the left one- ony a little drip- been bone dry since....

Guess that's typical though.
Yeah that's what I was asking, I also wonder if other sliders are the same.

How did your sliders hold up after the accident?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Is there really a significant difference between frame sliders? I just picked up my 2003 SV650S for my first bike and have been looking for a pair as safe insurance for any potential low speed incidents.

I've noticed that they can be made from durable plastic or different grades of aluminum. It looks like MOTOSLIDERS has 2 versions that use a rod that goes through the frame. Does that actually have a noticeable benefit? I mean they're all bolted to the frame so does it really matter if there is a rod going through them too? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is there really a significant difference between frame sliders? I just picked up my 2003 SV650S for my first bike and have been looking for a pair as safe insurance for any potential low speed incidents.

I've noticed that they can be made from durable plastic or different grades of aluminum. It looks like MOTOSLIDERS has 2 versions that use a rod that goes through the frame. Does that actually have a noticeable benefit? I mean they're all bolted to the frame so does it really matter if there is a rod going through them too? Thanks guys.
choice if materials varies, cheaper ones use Delrin, while the more expensive ones use Molybednium injected nylon and use a pass through bolt. Pass through bolts are a biatchhhhhh to remove though if they get bent on both sides but usually offer the strongest connection points.

Chances are that in the city Delrin would be fine, and not subjected to a 120 mph slide like on a track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts