Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a GSXR front end off of eBay for a fairly decent price.

Day after winning the bid, I received an email from the seller saying he did not have that specific front end, but had another that he would give me for the same price. I agreed as long as it was in the same or better condition, with the same items included (original had hand controls, clip ons, and SS).

Fast forward to today, and I received the front end. :rock:

Packaging SUCKED, was thrown in a oversized box with packing peanuts thrown in, allowing the entire thing to move around in the box. Not that big a deal, but I noticed right away that one of the fender tabs was broken. I was instantly pissed, and was going to contact the seller to see what he wanted me to do. I do not know if this was freight damage, or if it was damaged before shipping.

However......
Upon further investigation, this front end came with close to $300 of aftermarket extras.
Driven Clip Ons- http://www.drivenracing.com/content.cfm/go/storeproduct/id/935/name/clipons-suzuki
$180

JPR Performance Levers- http://www.jpr-performance.com/JPR_Performance_Motorcycle_Sportbike_Levers_s/3.htm
$130

Both of these are nice additions, but I am not sure if I will be using them or not. I will be reusing the stock SV controls, and might be doing a naked bar. Meaning, I could potentially sell them and get a front end for a very good price.

I have a GSXR fender coming, so I will see how well it bolts up, but will the fender stay in place with 5 of the 6 mounts holding it on? Do I contact the seller and see what he wants me to do, or do I suck it up since it came with extras that I can sell?

So tell me SV Rider, What Would You Do?

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Track the seller down, drive to his house and burn it to the ground.
:panic:

Or, if you're too weak-hearted for this solution, call him. You can ask about the fender tab, but it's actually irrelevant at this point. Broken is broken. If it were me, I'd J.B. Weld that beeotch back on & enjoy my extra goodies. :)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
It will hold fine, I currently using 4 out of 6, just because I'm too lazy to walk down to my shop and fill in the missing hole with a the right hole filler. (If ya know what I mean)

·
Registered
832 Posts
I would tell the seller the facts. I don't care about upgraded clip ons or levers if I wanted a set of forks in good condition. If you don't want to do that then sell the upgrades, eat the fees and waste of time to list, pack, ship, then buy another fork leg.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Having bought and sold plenty of stuff on eBay my vote is for letting the seller know what you think of the item. If you are disappointed about the condition but feel the "extra" goodies make up for it. Let them know.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I had the piece that broke off, I would not have started this thread and JB Welded the thing back together. Unfortunately, I do not have the piece.

I will contact the seller tomorrow to see what he has to say. My biggest concern was just to make sure the fender would stay on with one of the brackets missing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If I had the piece that broke off, I would not have started this thread and JB Welded the thing back together. Unfortunately, I do not have the piece.

I will contact the seller tomorrow to see what he has to say. My biggest concern was just to make sure the fender would stay on with one of the brackets missing.
Screw it, use a zip tie for the one missing tab. Extra goodies means you scored.

Ebay is like roulette.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What would I have done? Not posted about it here like a little girl and instead would have contacted the seller, had it fixed, and moved on with my bike.

(edit)

Now then, before you get all p!ssy like a little girl, remember this: You asked.
:oops:

Did someone pee in your wheaties this morning?

I was really mainly wondering how much this affected the mounting of the fender. Seems like it really has minimal effect on everything. Last thing I wanted was the fender to fall off while doing a wheelie at 100 mph in a school zone wearing a Goodwill helmet. :naughty:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sent a message to the seller today, and he said something to the extent of "what do you want to do?"

I am not a douche, I dont want to screw people over. I am not that type of person. I dont want to screw the seller over for something he didnt do. At the same time, I ship things as part of my job, and what he called packaging was something I would fire someone for.

Initial though is to roll with the punches, and deal with it. Its eBay, what can I expect?

The seller has a front and rear wheel combo for a 2008 GSXR for sale, which I would like for the 180 rear conversion and needing a front wheel. Hes asking $400 shipped for the front and rear wheel, with no rotors.
Since I need stuff, and the seller has it, may as well get everything settled?

Should I ask for the combo for $300? Or $150 for the front shipped?

I just wanted some forks! :tard:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts