Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my bike over a month ago (june 1st) and i still havet gotten my title, registration, and plate. wtf? where are they? anybody have to wait this long b4?

·
Registered
143 Posts
when i got my car and went to the dmv they did all that right there. They handed me a set of plates and a sticker to go on the back of them.

They did yours in the mail or something? Or are these custom?

I had custom ones one time and they took forever and were actually late. I got pulled over for expired tags and told the officer they were ordered. He checked and came back and said yes you ordered custom plates and there was no problem.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
do what everyone esle in TX does? ride with their license plate in their trunk. No, I'm not kidding, I see it alot and when they get pulled over and stop, they just bring it out. :shock:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i signed all the papers for everything. they gave me a l.a.f plate. which broke already.. they said they would send in the information to the dmv. when i called the wisconisn dot number(stupid automated system) it said plates could be expected 12 weeks after they recieved the request... that puts me in the middle of augest till i supposedly reciveve my plates!!!!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
spuds said:
i signed all the papers for everything. they gave me a l.a.f plate. which broke already.. they said they would send in the information to the dmv. when i called the wisconisn dot number(stupid automated system) it said plates could be expected 12 weeks after they recieved the request... that puts me in the middle of augest till i supposedly reciveve my plates!!!!
The solution is simple then. Go back and get another LAF plate from your dealer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
when i bought my 03 new last year, it took forever to get a copy of the title and consequently, get it registered. i live in ohio. the dealer just said to keep riding on the plates off of my old bike, which i did for probably a month and a half. i never had a problem, and i always kept proof of purchase with me in case i was pulled over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts