Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my bike over a month ago (june 1st) and i still havet gotten my title, registration, and plate. wtf? where are they? anybody have to wait this long b4?

·
Registered
143 Posts
when i got my car and went to the dmv they did all that right there. They handed me a set of plates and a sticker to go on the back of them.

They did yours in the mail or something? Or are these custom?

I had custom ones one time and they took forever and were actually late. I got pulled over for expired tags and told the officer they were ordered. He checked and came back and said yes you ordered custom plates and there was no problem.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
do what everyone esle in TX does? ride with their license plate in their trunk. No, I'm not kidding, I see it alot and when they get pulled over and stop, they just bring it out. :shock:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The dealership in Madison, WI had the plates and installed them before the bike left the showroom. Did you handle registration at the dealership? Maybe they forgot to install your plates?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i signed all the papers for everything. they gave me a l.a.f plate. which broke already.. they said they would send in the information to the dmv. when i called the wisconisn dot number(stupid automated system) it said plates could be expected 12 weeks after they recieved the request... that puts me in the middle of augest till i supposedly reciveve my plates!!!!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
spuds said:
i signed all the papers for everything. they gave me a l.a.f plate. which broke already.. they said they would send in the information to the dmv. when i called the wisconisn dot number(stupid automated system) it said plates could be expected 12 weeks after they recieved the request... that puts me in the middle of augest till i supposedly reciveve my plates!!!!
The solution is simple then. Go back and get another LAF plate from your dealer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
when i bought my 03 new last year, it took forever to get a copy of the title and consequently, get it registered. i live in ohio. the dealer just said to keep riding on the plates off of my old bike, which i did for probably a month and a half. i never had a problem, and i always kept proof of purchase with me in case i was pulled over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts