Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the yellow plastic cowl that deletes the pillion seat, and the bar and brackets/bolts that come with it to replace the rear grab rail for a pearl flash yellow 2005 SV650.
Located in MO but can pay for shipping, not sure what these are going for prices seem to be all over the place on these.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Sergei at MadV8cycles has one or two, but you'll have to paint it your color, and there are no filler pieces with it. I got an aftermarket one and painted it the correct color. Got a beat up grab bar and plan on cutting it down to serve as fillers.
Where abouts in MO are you at? I'm in the Springfield area..

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Where? I've only seen the OEM cowls and fillers at one place, and they were around twice that..

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Euro site, probably why I didn't find it when I was searching. They don't have the '09 Grey anyway, so no help for me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sergei at MadV8cycles has one or two, but you'll have to paint it your color, and there are no filler pieces with it. I got an aftermarket one and painted it the correct color. Got a beat up grab bar and plan on cutting it down to serve as fillers.
Where abouts in MO are you at? I'm in the Springfield area..
Im a half hour outside of STL, right now I've got my grab bar off and a rigged up retainer bolted in to hold the back seat on. I think it looks cooler than having the bar on but there are still the open spaces on either side where the bar comes through which is kinda ugly. but tbh the roughness of this bike is part of its charm for me. cutting down the bar to fill that void is a great idea. I have some primer and little pearl flash yellow paint left maybe ill try that. though the yellow never fully matches. Someone posted saying the cowls cost 140$ w/o hardware so I'm just gonna get over it lol I Iwas hoping <50 bucks

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Im a half hour outside of STL, right now I've got my grab bar off and a rigged up retainer bolted in to hold the back seat on. I think it looks cooler than having the bar on but there are still the open spaces on either side where the bar comes through which is kinda ugly. but tbh the roughness of this bike is part of its charm for me. cutting down the bar to fill that void is a great idea. I have some primer and little pearl flash yellow paint left maybe ill try that. though the yellow never fully matches. Someone posted saying the cowls cost 140$ w/o hardware so I'm just gonna get over it lol I Iwas hoping <50 bucks
I gave around $25-$30 for a Chinese cowl, got the beat up grab bar from MadV8cycles for $12. Big expense was the paint from Touch up Direct at a little over $50, but I have enough to practically repaint the whole bike. Few $$ in it, but nowhere near the $285 for the factory set from Oneida Suzuki.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I gave around $25-$30 for a Chinese cowl, got the beat up grab bar from MadV8cycles for $12. Big expense was the paint from Touch up Direct at a little over $50, but I have enough to practically repaint the whole bike. Few $$ in it, but nowhere near the $285 for the factory set from Oneida Suzuki.
interesting about the chinese cowl, right now im rocking no bar just gaps and the oem seat, might buy a chinese cowl and say fuck it about the gaps

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
The $140 "kit" that I linked includes all the hardware and fill blocks. (done in perfect match OEM paint if you have an '04)

·
Registered
2006 Suzuki SV650N
6 Posts
I got this cowl from my bike's previous owner in 2011. I was gonna paint it red but if it's the right color for you, maybe it's meant to be.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Has anyone been able to find a rear seat cowl for the 2019 sv650x?
I had one of the cheapo cows on mine for a bit. It slips on over the rear of the seat. It looks OK from far but up close it just looks cheap and kind of crappy in my opinion. If you Google it you'll see the cheap ones or more expensive ones that match the paint of the '18X don't look too great either, especially when paying 160-200 for one.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts