Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get SS lines for the SV. Figured I'd pick up a set off someones hand who has an extra set or something before buying new ones. I'm looking for a good condition unit. Preferably in stainless steel color.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I've got a pair for the '03-'07 SVS that I bought from a member here that never put them on the bike and I in turn did the same, so they're in perfect condition. Never had fluid put in them.

They're Clear coated Goodridge lines Stainless. New They go for about $85ish. You can have em for $65.00 Shipped if you want. I'll take pictures if you decide that your interested. :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im interested. ill save you the hassle of taking pics. I'll trust your 100% feedback on this one. Just message me ur paypal and ship them asap. would like to get these installed on july 7th at a sv meet.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Med, I just took a closer look at the part numbers on the box and it looks like the numbers are for the REAR brakes. (SU2856-1RP) They should be SU2856-2FP. It's a good thing I looked closer because I was getting set to box em up. When I saw "REAR", I was like WTF! I hadn't noticed it all this time that I had these.

I'm not sure if the SVR member that I bought them from put the correct lines in the "rear" package, or whether they are indeed the wrong lines. One of the lines is about 3 inches longer, but I'm also not sure if he might have messed up and sent me 1 rear line and one front line.

Sorry, but I can't take the chance that they are the correct items. I don't want to mess up your July 7th install by having you find out at the last minute that you can't use these. Neither of us wants that! LOL

I have a reputation to uphold here on SVR and I not going to tarnish that now by making a mess of what may be a great weekend for ya. :)

Again, Sorry for the screw-up. I'm just glad I caught it before I sent it out.

I had already taken pics, so i'll post em just for the heck of it.

This is what I saw as I was reaching to put it in the box. :eek:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I am such a cyber pack rat. LOL These are some of the pics that I still had on my HD of the original purchase from member JPL_SV. He DID have these installed on his bike as you can see, but removed them before adding the brake fluid, so I guess they are correct.

I think he decided to go with a GSX-R front end, thus needing different lines, hence the sale of these to me.

I have noticed though that there is 7 crush washers in his picture, but I only have 5 of them. :headscratch:

So if you still want to take a chance, I'll send these and hold on the funds in my Paypal until you get them and have them all successfully installed. That way I can just resend funds back at ya if they're wrong and you can keep the lines. Your choice. :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if one is longer because it has to reach further for the 2nd caliper. If they fit his bike then theyll fit mine. I'll take em.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I wonder if one is longer because it has to reach further for the 2nd caliper. If they fit his bike then theyll fit mine. I'll take em.
Okay med, I'll box em up and send tomorrow morning. I use USPS Click-and-Ship from my PC here so I'll be able to just put em in the box in the morning for the regular mailman to pick up. They'll be Priority 2-3 day service so it should be there in a few days. :) I'll be emailing a tracking number too.

I'll PM ya the Paypal addy.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts