Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just bought a very clean 2004 SV650S. It is 100% stock. I want to try a slip-on muffler, but can't bear to hacksaw the PRISTEEN factory exhaust on it (I want to keep it for when I sell the bike a few years from now).

Anyone have a clean (straight) stock header and muffler from an 04,05,06 they want to sell. I just need the header, so if you have a full stock system, you can cut the can off before shipping...I don't need the can. If you have anything, PM me, let's see what you've got.

thanks
Brad

·
very big dumb
9,026 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Whatever you do, do not try to remove the bolts from the front cylinder pipe. The steel bolts have by now fused to the aluminum cylinder head and most likely won't come out without breaking off unless you really know what you're doing. Don't ask me how I know.

Cut the muffler off and be done with it. I thought like you a few years back and paid for it with a few hundred hours of my time and a few hundred bucks.

I'd also suggest you first ride with the stock exhaust for a while until you're 100% sure you want more noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts