Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know... there's only three rounds to go but I was waffling with Hillbilly about WSBK in the MotoGP thread and it just felt out of place.
Will be interesting to see how Garrett Gerloff goes on the Beemer next year after a pretty lack luster season with Yamaha. There's been some decent riders like Sykes, Van der Mark and Redding try and extract a result out of that bike but no one seems to be able to get it on the podium. Hmmm.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Sykes is going to be back next year on the Puccetti Kawi. Mid pack satellite team, but he'll be back on the grid.
Gerloff started off really good last year, then got in a tangle with Rea, and later with Toprak. After taking Toprak out at Assen, he seemed to fade back into mid pack, never to recover.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
2022 racing season is over. Last WSBK round finished with a red flag and now into the winter doldrums.
Couple winter tests that will be interesting (both SBK and MotoGP), renew all my Video Passes, and wait for 2023.. :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah they may as well leave the bikes in Aussie as I see they are back there last weekend of February for season opener! So not too long to wait but easier for us as its the summer time and riding/racing season.

Bautista had a good wkd, what a call to go slicks in the drying conditions eh, really payed dividends for him that. Johnny played the flag to flag perfectly in Race one as well. Lowes was strong too and even Redding had a flourish of front pace in the last race.

Great track Philip Island, just in the last couple of days I've booked myself in to do level 3 and 4 of the Cali SBK school course there in late April next year. I'll be on their BMW S1000RR hire bike again so really looking forward to that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts