Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first bike was an SV650 and ever since I sold it I have wanted to get another one but, already having another streetbike, it didn't make a whole lot of sense to go buy one for their regular going price. I finally found one that had been wrecked and left sitting that was the perfect candidate. $500 for the bike and I stated ordering parts. Here are some pictures of it when I picked it up.

Carbs cleaned, these were the worst carbs I have ever dealt with.

New (to me) forks. I am thankful GSXR swaps are a thing, I got the cheap leftovers.

I even swapped the top caps since the old ones had adjustment and the new ones didn't.

New (to me) throttle/kill-switch housing

New battery and oil change.

New rear brake lever

New coolant overflow tank

Switched from the clip-ons that came with it to regular handlebars with the top triple that came with the forks.

Bar end mirrors

New levers (new reservoir pictured to prove that I'm not leaving it that way)

DIY fender eliminator to improve upon the previous owners version of a fender eliminator.

That's how it is now, I'm about $1,000 into the project but I'm planning on installing new tires and painting the rims as well as either pulling off the remaining one frame slider or getting a new set in the next month or so. After that I should be done. The tank is still dented and the exhaust is still scrapped up but I'm ok with that. I'm guessing around $1,200 for a running, riding, clean title SV650 isn't too bad of a deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New tires (Metzeler Roadtecs) and painted the rims black

New frame slider, there was only one on the bike when I got it.

Also finally replaced the master cylinder/reservoir and new brake fluid.

And that's pretty much all I plan to do to this bike for now. I'm like $1,250 into this bike and that is well worth it to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts