Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says, I wrecked the bike a little over an hour ago. I was on beacon street in brookline, heavy traffic moving quickly close together. Was looking to the left trying to find my turn, looked forward and the pt cruiser in front of me was now about 3 feet from me. We were going maybe 25 or so mph? I went headfirst over the handlebars, landed on my head and shoulder. I'm fine, just a little banged up. I was wearing a jacket helmet and gloves.

The front end of the bike is ****** up, tubes completely twisted etc. Speedometer assembly snapped off it's case but still works. Sliders saved the frame(back near the pillion is a little scraped up), just need a new shift lever and left peg. Bike still starts. I'll get pictures up in a minute. The bike was towed home, my left thigh hurts like a ***** but I don't want to sit for 4 hours in the emergency room.

I am ******, I love that bike (beautiful blue 05 naked)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Now you have a reason to install a new front end. Gsxr maybe? If it's insured they might total it. Buy it back and you'll easily have enough money for the conversion.

I'd also get checked out. One thing not to skimp on is your health. Especially since you landed on your head/shoulder. Get well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dang. I am sorry to hear that. Anytime you can walk,limp, or crawl away its a good day. I totally agree Iakayak...get checked out.

Heal up and get 'er fixed. GL.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Oh god.. glad you're ok, but some situational awareness is key x.x

Btw... go to the f***in' clinic and get checked. You don't wanna end up missing something minor that in 10 years turns into something major.

I've had to learn that one the hard way. Ain't worth saving a few hours.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
COMPLETE matching GSXR front ends (in good useable shape) range from $800-1100, but you need to do the rear end as well if you fix the front so add another $5-800 for a shock. That bike might total out for you, then buy back salvage and fix it up.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts