60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
@Mad8vskillz
I just noticed your avatar... What were you doing?? lol
Looking at that shadow, it seems like it's an endo with no hands? I can't tell

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
The one thing I'll say about the slip-on system is that it does have a bit more pep up top, but it feels like it lost a bit of torque too, so maybe I'll add a tooth to the rear sprocket to make up for it? Whatchu guys think???
I think you need a PC-III. If you don't want to spend the time and money on dyno runs, try a pre-made map. There must be at least one floating around for your bike with that can.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@ Darius
What was your comment under the racing suit pic?? Just curious, it came up as a bunch of squares instead of letters

@ mad8vskillz
Daaaaayyyyyuuummmmm, definitely puts any of my spills to shame, glad to see you were OK though. Mommy dearest has been trying to convince me not to start track riding for fear of getting killed or smashed around, now I can show her that and say "see! I'll be finnnneeeeee" :)

Heh heh, giving my parents gray hair since 1987

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Daaaaayyyyyuuummmmm, definitely puts any of my spills to shame, glad to see you were OK though. Mommy dearest has been trying to convince me not to start track riding for fear of getting killed or smashed around, now I can show her that and say "see! I'll be finnnneeeeee" :)

Heh heh, giving my parents gray hair since 1987
Edumacate momsies on how much safer track riding is compared to street :rock: Maybe you'll find your reg fees covered this Christmas :naughty:

·
Banned
686 Posts
The HP/Torque gain you "feel" is 100% in your head. Without proper tuning and mapping, there's simply not enough of a change in power for you to notice. Your "butt dyno" will say you've gained 15% to 20%, but the most you might get would be 1%-5%.

Chances are, a slipon and new less-restrictive filters will cause your bike to run more lean than usual. Something like a PCIII would allow you to change that, but ONLY if you have it properly tuned and mapped. Common misconception is that simply plugging in a fuel control module will give you the power you want. Fact is it's a tool, just like a wrench or a screwdriver, that allows you to change settings on your bike.

At our shop, if you buy a PC module from us, we dyno tune your bike for free, because it's pointless to have one without the other.

·
very big dumb
9,066 Posts
@ mad8vskillz
that's on mini though. speeds are lower, bikes much lighter, and you're lower to the ground. on big track that would have huuurt.

usually a bad idea to show them crashes, the right answer is "nothing serious ever happens on the track, it's the street that's scary"

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
New brake fluid reservoir, YAY!
Ok, so maybe I'm over excited about this, but my brake fluid needed changing anyways and I adjusted the clutch while I was there too. So it was a fairly productive Thursday night in the garage.

Tomorrow the rest of the parts should be here. Including the Upper Fairing (No lowers, I've never had them), Fairing Bracket, Mirrors, Levers, Footpegs (probably gonna swap out for rearsets soon), and new Bar Ends....
Still forgot to order turn signals. Probably getting the Bike Master flushmount for the price, but may end up just black electrical taping the stock one until then just to get back on the road.

ALSO! Before I forget, I'm painting this bad boy some easily-visible/classy way but am having a mental block... I wanna be seen without being real blingy or looking like a "banana-ninja-safety-cone-road-sign-annoying-dear-lord-why-did-i-pick-this-color-paint-job"
I was thinking white or black (leaning towards white), or maybe doing some racing stripes? IDK, who's got ideas??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I do love the British Racing Green, and anything British pretty much lol

Idk, I want to avoid dark colors and try to be a bit brighter so I can be seen easier, without going yellow, ninja green or any "hi-viz"...

The racing stripes look killer though, I may do a variation of that. I'll find a few pics online of what I may go for design-wise, but still might need some color suggestions...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

So if I go with the flat white I may do the sharpie thing. This Monster wasn't done by me (I believe it was done, over time, by the rider/owner of the bike). I've done the sharpie artwork before after being turned onto it by a friend. But I've only finished a skateboard...

Here's the board.

It would take awhile, but I could do the whole bike and spray clear over it. Also, the one thing that no one seems to be doing is using the color sharpies or paint pens to throw in some color outside of of black and white, so I'll probably do a bit of that too.

Comic books are a big thing for me (I'm a closet dork, motorcycles kinda give me some Bad A$$ rep back..... LOL prob not really) and drawing/painting/illustrating are my main interest outside of bikes :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Comic books kick ass. Nothing to be ashamed of. I learned to read on the mean streets of Gotham.
I read "Y: The Last Man" a while back, that one was pretty good. Definitely geared more towards adults and should've been a movie IMO. Should maybe give that a look.

Also, I got into Watchmen a few months before the movie came out, and was all excited when I heard there would be "hoverbikes" :rock:
Then read the comic and they turned out to be hover-segways... :sbmfacepalm:
lol

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I read "Y: The Last Man" a while back, that one was pretty good. Definitely geared more towards adults and should've been a movie IMO. Should maybe give that a look.

Also, I got into Watchmen a few months before the movie came out, and was all excited when I heard there would be "hoverbikes" :rock:
Then read the comic and they turned out to be hover-segways... :sbmfacepalm:
lol
I read Y a few years back and definitely agree with you.

My all time favourite is The Big Book Of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Book_Of. Kind of hard to explain, but a damn good read.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
@ mad8vskillz
That guy is pretty awesome. I've tried doing cgi and mixing it with traditional stuff but could never quite get that far with it. Kinda reminds me of Marc Silvestri

@ onecartel
Well, guess I'm going to the comic book shop and placing an order :)

@ cfreger
The Lambo was actually where my friend got the idea from. He had started to do sharpie artwork for practice, and eventually started offering it as another service along with pin-striping, leafing, and airbrushing. Some of his stuff is on Deviant Art http://pinstripechris.deviantart.com/
He got me into it but I only finished that skateboard.

The bike is all put back together and I took it for a ride yesterday. My arms felt funny when riding, so I looked down for a second......
The front end is crooked lol but the good news is that one of the forks prob slid up the clamps and thats why its crooked. The suspension works, nothing is getting bound up, theres no wobble coming from the wheel. Just a minor adjustment and it'll be good as new

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Ok, so just to update things since I haven't posted in a few...

Turn Signals came in, the BikeMaster flush mount kit. They're nice and bright and were the last thing to go on the bike to get it back to looking not broken. I spliced in the old connector from the stock signals and plugged them right in, they work great, took 30 minutes to install. Only thing I didn't like were the sticky pads that come with them, so I used double-sided clear tape from Loctite. Works great, water proof, and easy to see the air bubbles when you put it on the signals.

It's getting cold out now though. So I may ride it for a few more weeks, but if I see a salt truck or some flurries, it's getting parked. In the meantime, hopefully before winter is over I'll have done the GSXR front end swap. I have a set of '07 750 forks already and just ordered a bottom clamp/stem. Should be fun to do :)

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135430&highlight=gsxr+fork+swap

Link to the most helpful thread I've found thus far. Makes parts shopping waaaaay easier for n00bs like me!

Also, as far as steering dampers go, I keep finding bits on the Ohlins or Scotts dampers, but has anybody used the stock GSXR damper on their fork swap? I can't seem to find too many threads mentioning it, and when I do its kinda like "yeah they're fine" and no more info. Any experiences here???

21 - 40 of 40 Posts