Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike isnt completely done yet ( im still waiting on some new bling parts) :wink: . However it is up and running, I just want to say wow. It finally cleared the dyno pushing out a nice 80hp with custom map :shock: . Man this engine rips, it has enough grunt that i can be at 5k rpm in 6th on the highway and still have plenty of power to pass with ease. I use to just ride in 5th gear. The suspension is top notch and i cant believe how much of a difference it makes. Im sure clayton will be posting some pics of my bike in the next day or so. I would but i dont have a digital camera. As a final note let me just say with the extra compresion and full yosh this thing has some bark to go with the speed. :twisted: Oh as a side note I have some svrace shop prototype gen 2 dogbones so far they have been working great and really helping my turn ins. Dont worry ill let everyone know how kick arse they are when i get out in the twisties either this weekend or next.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did a gsxr fork conversion, a reworked gsxr shock, did a few minor engine mods, a yosh full exhaust, and ripped off weight everywhere (i even took a grinder to the bike and freed up a few more pound)s. Then added some smaller dog bones to jack the arse up a lil.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry i forgot to mention i have an 03 Nekid in that sexy blue color.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Higher compression, hotter cams, PCIII with custom map. It was the first 2nd gen motor we had done, and it turned out pretty well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
how much higher compression, and howd you do it? what octane are you running and how much more fuel do you need to raise compression

·
Registered
505 Posts
mario60185 said:
how much higher compression, and howd you do it? what octane are you running and how much more fuel do you need to raise compression
Compression can be raised with higher-compression pistons, thinner head gaskets, or a combination of both. If you go significantly higher on compression, pump gas won't work any longer and you need race fuel. We have two barrels of 110 octane for our race bikes. I'm not going to spill the beans on exactly what was done to Jaycee's bike, he might want to keep it a "sleeper"! 8)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Must be nice to be able to afford all that. If I had your money...i'd throw mine away!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
505 Posts
avc8130 said:
You can get the gaskets at oneida for under 20$ each. You can use busa pistons which can be had on ebay for 40$. Then you can send your cylinders to the raceshop for 40$ to get them bored. You are looking at 100$ and some labor. That will run pump gas (93).
ac
True, except the $40 bore job, we don't do that as a standard deal, you got lucky! If we do more of these, it will be more like $75. The busa piston upgrades have worked well for everyone we've done it for. On my bike, it was the difference between running even with other SV's on the front straight vs. pulling away, and that was just with busa pistons, thinner gaskets and flatslides, with no cam work at all. The pistons themselves don't make a huge difference alone, but they're lighter which is why we use them. The power comes from the increased compression from a combination of the piston and thinner gaskets. Flatslides add a couple more HP for race bikes (or crazy street riders). Taking it further means hotter cams, head and valve work, lightening up the lower end, etc.

·
Registered
415 Posts
phelix said:
Must be nice to be able to afford all that. If I had your money...i'd throw mine away!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

For real....

I live in California, either put all my money into my Motorcycle, or a house...can't have both :(

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trust me i dont have that much money. I dont know what you have heard but the US air force doesnt pay all that much. However you are right to spend the money you have to make sacrifices. I dont have a house nor am i planning on getting one in the near future so spending money on something that gives me alot of joy is worth it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts