Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it was 70 + degrees here today in WV, which is very uncommon for this time of the yr. SO, I took the bike out for a little stroll, and 6 hrs and 175 miles later, I got home. WOW. And the great part of it is, that only about 10 miles of that ride was on the interstate. I love my bike and weather like this. I love snow too, but snow and riding dont tend to go well together. Although in my journey today I did have a little problem toward the end. I got in my trunk and I guess I didnt snap the rear seat on fully / properly. SO, I lost my rear seat somewhere. Since the last of my journey was an interstate ride home, thats probably when it came off and its now mash by now.

Well I hope other people out there in those generally cold climated areas this time of yr got to enjoy this weather today.

As for you warm climated folk. Well you all hush, just b/c its 70 and sunny yr round, doesnt mean that you get to brag about it to us every chance you get. :D

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I thought about going out yesterday as well, but it was raining on and off, so I didn't. It was a great day, though. 69F officially in Cleveland, a new record for the day.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Woody where in WVA are you? I am always in the Valley, Luray, 211 etc....

·
Registered
935 Posts
Damn woody sucks about your rear seat. :-\

Nice to hear guys are still out enjoyin the nice weather. I just got off work. Been runnin my truck since 7:00 AM turkeyday morning. Snowy icy and generally poopy outside. snowmobiles are gonna be comin out soon, but I would gladly trade a sled for a bike!

Oh well you warm-climaters dont have the luxury of ice racing.......
Now thats a real treat! ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
yesterday i went home after work and fully intended on jumping on the bike for the night to get a few small things. unfortunately when i went out to start up the bike the battery was dead. not totally dead because the lights and everything would come on, but when i tried to start it the starter made a pitiful atempt to start the bike and then stopped. so no riding for me last night and i was pretty pissed.

now for the ironic part of the story. the couple things i was going out to pick up was sta-bil and a battery charger. :mad:

·
Registered
935 Posts
schultzboy said:
yesterday i went home after work and fully intended on jumping on the bike for the night to get a few small things. unfortunately when i went out to start up the bike the battery was dead. not totally dead because the lights and everything would come on, but when i tried to start it the starter made a pitiful atempt to start the bike and then stopped. so no riding for me last night and i was pretty pissed.

now for the ironic part of the story. the couple things i was going out to pick up was sta-bil and a battery charger. :mad:
LOL :eek:

I would have given her the good old push-a-roo!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
schultzboy said:

My OEM battery got me too yesterday morning (~38 F); had to truck it to work and put the charger on the SV battery when I got home in the afternoon. Worked like a charm this morning (~36 F)....

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
That Guy said:
LOL :eek:

I would have given her the good old push-a-roo!

I've gotten good at bump/push starting cages, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it on my SV, even when I had some issues during the summer with the r/r and the battery draining... :-[

·
Registered
571 Posts
Six Chin Skinny said:
I've gotten good at bump/push starting cages, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it on my SV, even when I had some issues during the summer with the r/r and the battery draining... :-[
i think the key is either a couple friends to push or a decent hill to get going. i've helped push start a ninja 250 and we got that thing moving pretty good before he popped the clutch.

my driveway is a hill but unfortunately at the bottom is a fairly major road. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nudist said:
Woody where in WVA are you? I am always in the Valley, Luray, 211 etc....
Im in the charleston/huntington area. 64/77/79 interchanges.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Woody106 said:
Im in the charleston/huntington area. 64/77/79 interchanges.
We should surely ride in the spring... when my bike is in one piece again ;D

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK you two, each man to his corner. When the bell rings come out fighting, and lets have a clean fight.

Oh yeah, yesterday when I went riding, I didnt make it home till 12:30 at night ;D
Its in the 50's right now, might go riding in a little while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts