Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say the times have hit you hard, and you are unemployed and homeless or close to it. You are hungry and have exhausted every other possible source for food, ie food banks, soup kitchens, begging, etc. You haven't eaten in days and you are literally starving. Would you steal food from a grocery store or super market?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Ya, i wouldnt have a problem if it was for survival, of cursed based on curcumstances.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
I don't know. I'd try to figure something out before resorting to theft, but I hear hunger pangs can do stuff to you if it's bad enough.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
I'd try to avoid ever getting in that situation. I would likely just 'steal' thrown away leftovers at restaurants. Tons of food that they throw away.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Is your class reading Les Miserables?

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Under the circumstances you outlined, having exhausted all possible options, then yes.

·
Registered
308 Posts
id probably just go for a walk thru the woods and harvest some critters. deer and raccoons are plentiful here. or id just tap into my hoard of rice. worst case scenario id just walk over to my mother in laws house for a nice big italian dinner. if she ran out of food the world would surely be coming to an end, so robbing a grocery store wouldnt get me very far.

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
id probably just go for a walk thru the woods and harvest some critters. deer and raccoons are plentiful here. or id just tap into my hoard of rice. worst case scenario id just walk over to my mother in laws house for a nice big italian dinner. if she ran out of food the world would surely be coming to an end, so robbing a grocery store wouldnt get me very far.
I think all those things qualify as "other sources of food" which, in the scenario, have been exhausted, so you really didn't answer the question.

Yeah, in those circumstances, I would. If I were in those circumstances, so would lots of other people be, it would be a very different world than what we see around us now.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
You know King David, right? He stole food from the temple when he was being hunted by King Saul. Sometimes, you do what you got to.

·
Registered
308 Posts
my point was that if all of my food sources have been exhausted, grocery stores are going to be empty and zombies will be roaming the streets.

but if these grocery stores have somehow managed to stay stocked, then yes if i was starving it would certainly steal some ribs and a few pork roasts. and some ingredients for a good and spicy dry rub.

anyone who says they wouldnt is either lying or has no arms.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
You know King David, right? He stole food from the temple when he was being hunted by King Saul. Sometimes, you do what you got to.
Then the Scorpion King swooped in and crushed them both with his enormous pinchers, right?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I would simply use my hunter/gatherer instincts to gather food much the way I do now, I really don't buy a lot of what I eat anyhow. I either hunt or grow most of it.

Honestly If I were even unable to do that I would probably just shoot myself because stealing to survive just seems to be a very pitiful way to prolong a very miserable and helpless ending to ones life.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would simply use my hunter/gatherer instincts to gather food much the way I do now, I really don't buy a lot of what I eat anyhow. I either hunt or grow most of it.

Honestly If I were even unable to do that I would probably just shoot myself because stealing to survive just seems to be a very pitiful way to prolong a very miserable and helpless ending to ones life.
Liar. :)

Oh yeah, I'd be using my gatherer instincts, also. I'd gather a bunch of cans, and a can opener...maybe a camping stove and some pots/pans too while I'm at it. Along with a shitload of paper towels...gotta keep tidy!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I probably would if the social structure was still habitable.

But if things got too bad, I don't think I'd stay in the city. It would be crazy. The sociological structure would be utter chaos. So in that case I would probably find shelter in the mountains and life off the land as much I could. I use to live out in the boonies, I know some things about food in the wilderness that many others dont so Im sure I'd survive for a while.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I probably would if the social structure was still habitable.

But if things got too bad, I don't think I'd stay in the city. It would be crazy. The sociological structure would be utter chaos. So in that case I would probably find shelter in the mountains and life off the land as much I could. I use to live out in the boonies, I know some things about food in the wilderness that many others dont so Im sure I'd survive for a while.
Any place would be better than Lakewood. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.