Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone always ask what the best track mod is, and we all know it's a Penske in back.

But what is the worst mod (that you have personally done)? Okay, think worst as in "least benefit"

·
Administrator
11,042 Posts
Stickers!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
For track days? A lap timer, especially one that you can see while on the bike. You get too caught up in chasing time and make mistakes.

I have seen far too many intermediate/new advanced rider take themselves out or get their heads out of actually riding by watching times.

If you are actually going racing, that is a different story. I just have a GPS timer that logs to my phone that I use every once in awhile just get get an idea of my times and see how consistent I am being.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
For most people, full bodywork. Adds weight, adds cost, more to fix in a crash, makes working on the bike harder. A small upper and a bellypan make a lot more sense IMO.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got to thinking about what Rich Desmond said. Bodywork really does suck. Harder to work on? I don't think so. But it does add a good deal of weight. Front fairing stay, all the additional brackets, weight of the bodywork itself. Next time I have to get bodywork (hopefully a long way away) I'm just going back to a FZR upper and Beasley bellypan. Loved that look.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I got to thinking about what Rich Desmond said. Bodywork really does suck. Harder to work on? I don't think so. But it does add a good deal of weight. Front fairing stay, all the additional brackets, weight of the bodywork itself. Next time I have to get bodywork (hopefully a long way away) I'm just going back to a FZR upper and Beasley bellypan. Loved that look.
Pics pkease!

My worst mod was... 12v accessory plug... Well that was installed before dedicating as track bike...
But for track mods specifically, I'd have to say STOCK gsxr forks. I put SV forks back on and since they had emulators and proper springs, all I had to do was change the oil for rebound damping and add preload adjusters (it's a 2000 w 2002 adjusters).

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

1 - 20 of 48 Posts