Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today, a 40 something year old lady was driving along and as I passed her at about 35 mph, I notice she was holding a cell phone to her right ear talking away, while also holding a book open and plastered to the steering wheel with her left hand. :shock:

I am sure if there was a 3rd hand available, she would have been powdering something or other :lol:

What are some of the worst cases of driver distraction you have come across?

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
If your avatar appeared while I was driving...I'd be distracted.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I've seen the same guy a few times playing the trumpet, sheet music on the wheel and all :shock:

N

·
0 Posts
Matoo said:
I've seen the same guy a few times playing the trumpet, sheet music on the wheel and all :shock:
You cannot be for real !?!

I've seen several people reading novels -a map, I can almost understand, but a novel? I saw one driver with his feet out the window, but the trumpet guy deserves some kind of prize!

:)

B

·
0 Posts
sleeping, more than once on some of my road trips ...

eating, talking and reading a map all at the same time ... in a manual, in the city :shock:

but the trumpet playertakes the cake

·
Registered
87 Posts
I passed a guy today reading flash cards. I almost reached in and took them at a stop light. If I had the SVS instead of my ST (with bags) I may have tried.

Drive or read. Most do not seem to be able to do both.
to

·
Registered
449 Posts
i was driving in my truck, and someone called me on my cell. I thought I could talk and drive at the same time, but it was just too much, I nearly wrecked. I couldnt even drive straight and talk at the same time. It really is true. Cell phones and driving do not mix.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There are awards for these kinds of drivers....Darwin Awards!

·
Registered
703 Posts
JohnEsv said:
Just today, a 40 something year old lady was driving along and as I passed her at about 35 mph, I notice she was holding a cell phone to her right ear talking away, while also holding a book open and plastered to the steering wheel with her left hand. :shock:
Reminds me of this cartoon I saw once. Woman talking to a judge saying "I'm sorry Your Honor, but I had the accident because I didn't want to spill coffee on the book I was reading to my friend on the cellphone while driving to work."

I think if everyone drove a stick we would have less distracted drivers because you can't do much more than drive and shift at the same time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Abe Froman said:
I think if everyone drove a stick we would have less distracted drivers because you can't do much more than drive and shift at the same time.
I used to eat a hamburger, drink a coffee, smoke a cigarette, and steer with my knee while driving a stick to work. I don't own a stick anymore :( , and I can no longer smoke a cigarette at any time.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I saw a guy doing 80mph down a narrow two lane section of the highway...with concrete barriers on either side, pack a bowl...then try to light the bowl then smoke it. I don't think he looked up once.

·
Registered
280 Posts
stranger said:
i've been guilty of this title :oops: :

road-head :D
Yup. That is easily the most distracting thing I've ever done (or had done to me, I guess) while driving. Not to mention the windows get all fogged up. :oops:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
nc_sv650 said:
Matoo said:
You cannot be for real !?!

I've seen several people reading novels -a map, I can almost understand, but a novel? I saw one driver with his feet out the window, but the trumpet guy deserves some kind of prize!

:)
100% true. Both times I spotted him he was on 90 east just before Irving park in Chicago. My father in law has also spotted him. Wish I had a camera phone then. :shock:

Today it was just the usual ding bats putting on make up. :evil:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've actually seen a dude on a sportbike, helmetless, talking on his cellphone! :shock: :roll:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts