Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't ride as much as they like. Do you feel me? Naaaa... it cool. at least I have a job. Chime in on this thread if you care to...I will check it again in the AM.

peace...murfy.

·
Registered
653 Posts
have to. Like me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
who don't enjoy what they do. you know like Nickey Hayden or Casey Stoner. those poor people that have to race motorcycles all over the world and can't just sit at the same desk every day. poor *******s

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Sounds great, doesn't it? An army of people supplying you with the best bikes in the world and the best tracks in the world to ride them on. The reality is a bit less glamorous. Sure, it's nice work if you can get it, but there are prices to pay.

Travel, and not vacation travel. Needing to win or at least place well consistently to keep that income rolling. Riding ALL the time. I could go on.

One of my friends from decades past actually hit the big time with a famous group. You all have heard of the group and the gentleman. Ask him about raking in megabucks with thousands of adoring fans at venue after venue. Many are the times when he wished he could be in a "normal" job without all the hassles, pressures and craziness.

The grass is always greener.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
like to get the bills paid on time.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I suspect that even if I were rich enough to just do whatever the hell I wanted that I'd get bored with it after a while...Hell, I'm broke and I'm bored with my job now. At least I have a job.

Phuck it...I'm going to ride to work tomorrow and it will probably be one of the highlights of my day.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
While there may be many individual exceptions, it has been clear for decades in study after study that higher income and higher socioeconomic status is strongly positively correlated with better self reports of "happiness" as well as objective measures of physical and mental health.

"Money can not buy you happiness, but it does afford a more pleasant form of misery."

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
my bike is a company vehicle, I get paid for much of my riding time and get to deduct my expenses from my income tax

·
Registered
414 Posts
forgot to be born into wealth. Just glad to be employed, need gas for the sv and beer for the tummy.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
... don't own guns or live near liquor stores!
... aren't smart enough to pull off pyramid schemes!
... were unfortunate enough to have been born with a conscience!

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Working is for people who...

Can't sit still for long. :raises hand:

Truth be told, as much as work drives me nuts most days, I absolutely hated being unemployed... not for the most obvious reasons, but for the slack time. Not staying busy kills a Type A person. :p

·
Registered
358 Posts
...are responsible and don't leach off society.
Some people dont have the option of working right now. Times are tough. And some people dont understand that unemployment insurance pays you if you lose your job. That is part of the taxes that get deducted from your paychecks. Simply put: you pay for your unemployment insurance while you are working. So if you do lose your job, you have that insurance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts