Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are few pics of my work so far, waitting for racing aluminum subframe, penske shock and rest of plastics

dogbone linkage looks weird but it sure holds and let swingarm move upa nd down with no problems but test will tell

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks sweet to see so much rear tire! You should leave the subframe off.... you could sit on the battery... :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Novadesigns said:
What swingarm is that? R1?
It's gixxer 600 04 swingarm.

Evan I'll think about that, you're probably one of those 180 tires haters out there ehh?

:wink:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
so um.. are you actually going to take it to the track?

·
Registered
80 Posts
So give us the low down. Was it hard to fit up? If anyone is thinking of doing this what problems are they going to encounter? I know you are proud of your work but how about sharing it with others of us foolish enough to follow in your footsteps. Think of the karma points for helping a stranger out... :wink:

·
Registered
276 Posts
How did you handle lining up the countershaft sprocket to the rear sprocket? Isnt the offset quite a bit different with the GSX-R rear end on there?

And are those 636 forks?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for good replys guys and Nate, I'll take it to tha Summit Point track on august 16th so I'll be able to dial front and rear. Alighnment was the most difficult work but at the end all I used were 3 high grade metal washers I need to look at what size are those, also spacer could be used. Ran through all the gears and it spins smoothly. At the begining I thought it was going to be the most difficult part to match the swingarm axle, but it turned out that OEM SV spacers from both sides slid into the gixxer's spacers like they were ment to be there so I could use original SV axle. There is some grinding work involved in the shock area, it fits with no problems there but as soon as tried to move swingarm up to mimic compression it hit aganst the spring. Linkage is shown on pic the bolt(Gixxer since it's longer) on the left side stiks out about half an inch I used SV shock mount spacer there, then I had to cut thru the gixxer swingarm linkage where the second dog bone was originaly on SV so it slid in and bolt went through then I used gixxer spacer that I had to cut to match with the end of swingarm linkage's end. So even the bolt sticks out a little it still there securely since both spacers are holding it in place. Kinda confusing but once you'll start doing this mod you'll know what I'm talkin about. I dont know how the whole bike will behave after this mod, basicaly nothing had changed exept bigger wheel :lol: and braced swingarm, wheelbase remains the same. Hope it helped for someone whos planning on doing that. Next thing to do is weld aluminum around the swingarm if it runs perfect then I might get lighter aftermarket wheels and better tires.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Why would you be welding around the swingarm??

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ahh. Well, hey, I just applaud that its custom. If it sees track use, cool, if not, hey, at least its unique and clean.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Beautiful work Yyun. An inspiration to SV riders everywhere. I'm planning on doing the same front endswap, as soon as my wheel arrives.... :roll:

I like Evan's idea as well. A custom (chopped) subframe with a forward seat would look tight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts