Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my bike won't start after my crash. It appears it was mostly cosmetic damage but my clip on, clutch side is completely destroyed and my clutch side rearset is destroyed. There is no linkage between the motor and rearset right now. The bike is in neutral. The electronics seem to be fine on both clipons. The bike will turn on electronic wise but will not turn over at all. The clutch lever is broken and it's extremely difficult to pull the clutch cable back. I'll try to post pics later. I need suggestions asap as I'm trying to determine if the bike will be worth to buy back from insurance or not. I was thinking maybe the tip over sensor? All help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Did you check the clutch switch? Try putting a paperclip jumper between the contacts.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If your clutch lever and perch is all messed up, the switch there that needs to be engaged when starting the bike is probably your problem. Or possibly the tip over switch located on the battery tray may have come loose and thinks your bike is still on its side.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your clutch lever and perch is all messed up, the switch there that needs to be engaged when starting the bike is probably your problem. Or possibly the tip over switch located on the battery tray may have come loose and thinks your bike is still on its side.
I'll give both those ideas a shot. Thanks guys. I'll keep ya updated

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the paperclip jumper between the contacts worked like a charm. Thanks. Now to solve the smoking out the tailpipe issue...........lol

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
the paperclip jumper between the contacts worked like a charm. Thanks. Now to solve the smoking out the tailpipe issue...........lol
I'd guess the smoking exhaust is just oil that seeped where it shouldn't. Running it for a bit should fix it. Maybe check for oil in the air box under the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts