Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my SV in off the truck in Germany on monday. Today I finally got around to getting it roadworthy, and noticed a strange problem. When I roll the bike back and forth in neutral (clutch pulled in or out), the bike refuses to roll backwards more than a few inches. It rolls forward just fine for about a foot (I can't try any further, the movers rolled it right up to the end of the garage.) When it hits that limit going backwards, it feels like i'm bouncing off of a tire or something. Like it wants to bounce back. Put it in first, and there's a little more resistance than I remember going either direction. Current plan is to bleed the clutch fluid, but I figured I would post this in case anyone has any input. I've needed to bleed the clutch before so i'm not too concerned about the out of neutral resistance, but the rolling backwards problem is strange to me. I wasn't home when the movers dropped it off, but my wife watched them and they didn't appear to have any problems rolling it into the garage. Thanks for any advice guys.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
see then its not a clutch issue. something else is binding.

past there im not sure. do you have a rear stand you could put it up on?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it's still in the US. I'll see if I can find one. I've looked all through it, specifically around the tires and chain, but nothing yet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have you started it up or ridden it yet? It almost sounds like it is not in neutral. Did you inspect for any damage after shipping? Especially around the gearcase and gear lever.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you started it up or ridden it yet? It almost sounds like it is not in neutral. Did you inspect for any damage after shipping? Especially around the gearcase and gear lever.
I thought I looked everywhere...guess I didn't think to look inside the bike. I don't know how, but this piece of blanket or rag was put on/wrapped around the chain. When the chain was moved, it pulled it into the case. It's not our blanket, so now i'm wondering who put it in there. I'm pretty pissed right now, but I guess next move i'll take another second to inspect the bike after it comes off the truck. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I watched them crate it up in the US, and then my wife was around when they dropped it off. Very strange.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I wasn't home when the movers dropped it off, but my wife watched them and they didn't appear to have any problems rolling it into the garage.
and then my wife was around when they dropped it off. Very strange.
you know females, and I dont know your wife, im only saying that as a majority, at least the ones I know. :lmao: but no disrespect by it either.

·
Registered
238 Posts
that s an old mechanic trick the guy that swapped my chain and sprocket did that to stop the tire when he did the spin test. the guy probably just forgot to take it off the chain or left it there so it would roll too much until it was ready to ride. perhaps he wrapped it around the master link if it didnt have a high quality chain on it. i had a chain with a super crappy master link setup it had no o rings or x rings for the master link the guy said it would need to be lubed every ride. he may have wrapped the master link to keep junk from getting on it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
perhaps she doesnt like the idea of you riding? did you just get a big life insurance policy, maybe she loves the idea of you riding

1 - 13 of 13 Posts