Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was hoping it was across the band. I just had a torn carb diaphragm that did that to me. If I had to guess where to start I would be looking at the ignition system. What else could be that rpm specific?

Is it possible you're having two simultaneous problems? Are you sure your carb jetting is correct?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure my jets are NOT correct. I haven't installed them yet but it ran fine for the past 3,000 miles. I did nothing at all besides get off the bike for like 45. min then got back on and thats when it all started

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
joker said:
I'm sure my jets are NOT correct.
bingo... sounds like you answered your problem though if you didn't install them... not sure how you know this

my guess if you did nothing to bike like jetting and this just started... try replacing the plugs.... maybe one is fowled

can you give more info on your bike steup... is it stock? if you did nothing to carbs... did original owner?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just changed the plugs earlier this summer.
and if it was a plug it would act up through the entire rpm range? I have a yosh slip-on that has been on there for 3-4k miles. The motor is stock beside that.
Is there a filter in the tank on the petcock on the 1st. gens.?
I might drain my bowls again to see if there is any contaminates in them

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
joker said:
I just changed the plugs earlier this summer.
and if it was a plug it would act up through the entire rpm range? I have a yosh slip-on that has been on there for 3-4k miles. The motor is stock beside that.
Is there a filter in the tank on the petcock on the 1st. gens.?
I might drain my bowls again to see if there is any contaminates in them
I had problems once with my jetting and it drove me crazy. It ran ok... not great until it hit upper RPM's and it would cut out or just not go any higher than 7 or 8k... tried 5 different jettings before I decided to change plugs and bam... that was it... a plug was bad because i was running it too rich

I wonder if you were runnig a slipon with no jetting changes... maybe plug could be bad from running too lean? Carbs run lean from factory and anything you do to intake or exhaust just makes it leaner. Not sure.

Maybe carbs need cleaned? how many total miles do you have?

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
joker said:
good possibility they could need cleaning... especially if it sat much unridden like over winter with gas in carbs

I would try easy and cheap things first like plugs and check your wires such as ones to the coils and then maybe try pulling carbs and cleaning them or having them done... could be floats stuck or something... don't know what else to tell ya other than that though... good luck ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
new update***
I found out that the problem occurs after it warm up!!!
Does that shed any light on the situation?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts