Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

With the grab bar?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Nobody is going to say with. And if they do, they are lying.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea it is especally with the HID. i have 2 high spots on it like i see a big yellow square that is as hight as an 18wheller side mirrors so it shins up in there face letting them know im comming. it okay just got to fix it. It did well on the ride to LA and through the twistys so i think it will work out.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
off

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It all depends on if your going to have a passenger. I interchange the crowl with the seat for with and with out passenger. For general looks I would say without. But for function I would say with.
Might as well take the passenger pegs off also if you are going to make it a solo bike.
yeah though of that but i have made the right peg into a custom plate holder and i just think of the left one as another slider just in case.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I would say without if you have the cowl, and with if you are using the passenger seat.

Hmmm...rear peg brackets as another mount point for sliders? How hard could it be to fab the hardware to do that? Note to self: Call DougZ.

/Billy Blaze voice

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
i'd like to see a nice pic of it off. the one you've got there has the helmet kind of messing the lines up, so its hard for me to tell. in genereal i like the grab bar on the S, but off the N.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
I run into the same issue. Definitely looks better off, so for stuff like the rally it comes off. But I also run a tail bag for commuting so i need the grab handle for the little posts.

So functionality wins out usually.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I would say without if you have the cowl, and with if you are using the passenger seat.

Hmmm...rear peg brackets as another mount point for sliders? How hard could it be to fab the hardware to do that? Note to self: Call DougZ.

/Billy Blaze voice
I just made, and shipped yesterday, a can protector slider...so its not that hard to do. Buyer was making his own mount though...but true, probably not that hard to do.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Off looks cleaner!

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
I have the same opinion, much better off.
Zach, what brand is that tank bag? I have been looking for one.
It's the cortech Tribag. Its a great tank bag because you can use the bags together or separately. In the pic of my bike, that is just the upper (smaller) bag in use. Both bags together was too tall for me on my s model with clipons so I just use the bags separately depending on what capacity i need.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?item=HEL_82-406

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I need the downforce and it also helps with the Coanda effect, so I leave it on.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts