Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..And yes I did a search..has anyone ever considered/tried to crack open the stock gauge cluster off an 02 naked and make a custom box to mount stock gauges in... this is just a thought for all of us dealing with crowded ass front ends from gixxer 750 swap... my gauges are shredding my clutch cable even as we speak..
could be interesting

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
drudru said:
..And yes I did a search..has anyone ever considered/tried to crack open the stock gauge cluster off an 02 naked and make a custom box to mount stock gauges in... this is just a thought for all of us dealing with crowded ass front ends from gixxer 750 swap...
been there...

I also tried to mount the gauges in the bezels off a 76 CB750, it would have worked but the weather was getting nice out ;D

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
drudru said:
..And yes I did a search..has anyone ever considered/tried to crack open the stock gauge cluster off an 02 naked and make a custom box to mount stock gauges in... this is just a thought for all of us dealing with crowded ass front ends from gixxer 750 swap... my gauges are shredding my clutch cable even as we speak..
could be interesting
You still need to send me a PM about how you aquired that bike....... 8)

·
Registered
666 Posts
drudru said:
could be interesting
Just about to post the same thing.

·
Registered
536 Posts
donniej said:
been there...

I also tried to mount the gauges in the bezels off a 76 CB750, it would have worked but the weather was getting nice out ;D
Donnie -- no tach? Is that box to the left of the speedo an upper limit rev indicator or something?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
e lo said:
Donnie -- no tach? Is that box to the left of the speedo an upper limit rev indicator or something?
I've never felt the need for a tach, it also wouldn't fit behind my headight assemble the way I'd want it.

The box on the left covers the hole from cutting the tach off, protects the circuit board that would otherwise stick out there and is a convenient place to put the temp light. It's just a thin piece of aluminum sheet covered in carbon fiber look vinyl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts