Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I recently asked you all for guidance on removing the seat cover plastic so I could install a givi rack mount (http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=100230). I received great tips and I managed to get it done.

Now I need help again, this time with wiring the brake light and the turn signals to the top case. I took a look at the wiring and my head started to spin and the directions provided by Givi aren't that comprehensive. Can anyone help out with this one? Pics would be very welcome.

Also, sorry if this has been covered already. I did a search but couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I didn't wire the E52 brake light to the top case as I don't use the top case much. I do use the side cases all the time and when I go on weekenders I attach the plate and the top case.

Since I don't always have the Givi attached I fitted a quick disconnect in line with my turn signal wiring. You could do the same for the brake wiring.
I bought the Lockhart Phillips brake accessory adaptors for the single filament bulbs. I then bought a male/female integrated plug set which I soldered to the LP adaptor. Everything plugs in seconds and I only have to remove the pillion pad to effect the wiring connections.

Rear...

Above...

Side...

Connections at the harness...
<

The Givi quick disconnection...

The LP/Suzuki Quick disconnection for the stock brake lights...

I've got to get off to work but tomorrow I'll post the brake light connections. I have a module in mine that blinks the brake annoyingly so someone behind me sees that I'm braking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oops. I was mistaken about the brake light module. What I have is the LED lamps that have an integrated module. The brake light assembly does just have its own connectors that you could plug a similar adaptor so you would have a "Y" in the wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts