Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an attempt to do an "S" to "N" conversion with a vapor install I have way too many wires to deal with and its becoming a mess.

Anyway, is the harness off of a N a direct fit and there shouldn't be any problems...I would just have to wire in the vapor right?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one:'(

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
the Naked and S do not use the same forward harness and they arent interchangeable.
By forward harness, I mean going from the frame to the lights/gauges.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have direct experience doing this, except I did it the other way around, naked to S. The S and N wiring harness are the same from engine back. In the front, they are different. The S harness uses a sub-harness to connect headlights, handle switches, turn signals, speedo/tach, etc. The N harness has everything hard wired to the main harness. The handle switches wire up under the gas tank and all the rest is supposed to tuck into the headlight housing.

The only thing to look out for is the difference in Voltage regulator plugs. The 2002 model uses a unique regulator plug. 99-01 are the same.

If you need a naked wiring harness, I have one for sale in the marketplace of this forum.

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=98774&highlight=gsxr

If you want pictures and further info, PM me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the Naked and S do not use the same forward harness and they arent interchangeable.
By forward harness, I mean going from the frame to the lights/gauges.
Yes, I know this. I think if you would have read my signature you would have an idea of what I am doing.

I have direct experience doing this, except I did it the other way around, naked to S. The S and N wiring harness are the same from engine back. In the front, they are different. The S harness uses a sub-harness to connect headlights, handle switches, turn signals, speedo/tach, etc. The N harness has everything hard wired to the main harness. The handle switches wire up under the gas tank and all the rest is supposed to tuck into the headlight housing.

The only thing to look out for is the difference in Voltage regulator plugs. The 2002 model uses a unique regulator plug. 99-01 are the same.

If you need a naked wiring harness, I have one for sale in the marketplace of this forum.
Oh thats awesome. I just need a short front harness so I won't have to shorten my S harness. I've been tinkering around with it trying to get all the gauges to work too. Its a real pita! lol. PM sent:p

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Yes, I know this. I think if you would have read my signature you would have an idea of what I am doing.
My apologies. I read your post and interpreted it as best I could. I was under the impression you were asking a question, even with the lack of punctuation stating as such.

If you had been around here longer, you may have had an idea that I did long ago what you are doing now.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Trev,
In case it wasn't clear, in changing from the S to N, harness, you need to swap the entire harness. It is all one piece for the N bikes.There is no front sub harness. Don't let that scare you though. Its not as hard as you might think. It can be done properly in about 1 hour once you take off the seat, tank, and rear plastics. Follow the harness routing that is in Chapter 8 of the factory service manual. Let me know if you don't have an e-copy of the manual and I'll shoot you a download link.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My apologies. I read your post and interpreted it as best I could. I was under the impression you were asking a question, even with the lack of punctuation stating as such.

If you had been around here longer, you may have had an idea that I did long ago what you are doing now.
I'm an old member but a new name...i've been around here since 2007 but left because of certain reasons and came back under a different user name.

Sorry for the bad punctuation...I was in a hurry:p

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trev,
In case it wasn't clear, in changing from the S to N, harness, you need to swap the entire harness. It is all one piece for the N bikes.There is no front sub harness. Don't let that scare you though. Its not as hard as you might think. It can be done properly in about 1 hour once you take off the seat, tank, and rear plastics. Follow the harness routing that is in Chapter 8 of the factory service manual. Let me know if you don't have an e-copy of the manual and I'll shoot you a download link.
I (think?) have the copy of the manual. IF not I could just download it again.

Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Having a blast, I have been getting a lot of riding time in right now.

It has been 100 degrees here the last 2 days, how's the weather in OR?
Awesome!:)

Weather has been good for the last 3 days. Its usually about every week we'll have some nice days then its raining and cold. lol. Its about 80 degrees right now.

I got a speeding ticket so I haven't rode since. lol.

Its been awhile since I've been on this site.

·
Chief Greeter
28,482 Posts
Awesome!:)

Weather has been good for the last 3 days. Its usually about every week we'll have some nice days then its raining and cold. lol. Its about 80 degrees right now.

I got a speeding ticket so I haven't rode since. lol.

Its been awhile since I've been on this site.
Oh no a ticket, do the traffic school.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh no a ticket, do the traffic school.
They don't offer that. I'm getting a lawyer and fighting it. lol

Trev,
You still interested in my harness? Haven't heard from you since I sent pictures.
Sorry about that...my gf, work, and school occupy my whole day and then after that my bike gets the rest;D

PM sent!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts