Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally happened.. I went down due to my own accord.

Going down the street in a residential area, close to my house.. about 4-5 blocks away, the street sweepers hadn't been through yet.

Went to hang roughly a 100 degree left hander, and unfortunately it was very dark.. I didn't see that about 35 to 40 percent of the road was covered in gravel from the shoulder towards the middle.

Anyhow, by the time I noticed, "oh crap, that's all gravel!", I was also noticing that my new Puig Double Bubble looks good from the front. Then I noticed I was no longer on my bike, but actually sitting on the pavement.

I was basically right in the middle of the turn, both tires lost grip and I began to lowside, I tried to save it and couldn't, back tire came around minorly, fell, and the bike pivoted on the frame slider.

Full equipment.. Hurt less than falling down at hockey.

Picked it up, FI light was on... key off.. key on.. started, off I go.

Damage: One slightly bent clutch lever.
One slightly rashed swingarm spool, still quite usable and have to touch it to feel the burn.
One turn signal that is rashed on the bottom. I have the 2 from the back to replace it with.
Some minor scratches on the rear, don't look bad at all.
..and last but not least.. $75 for the shifter assembly, and $40 to install it. I was thinking Woodcrafts, but my tires are getting changed tomorrow so I figured since they have the oem in stock, I will just get it slapped on. Boooooo!!!! :tool:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Glad to hear that the damage is minor and that you're alright.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
that blows, glad you're okay.
now get the bike fixed and go for a ride ;D

·
Registered
233 Posts
You should go with the Woodcrafts. They are much better and are also modular so you can replace parts of it unlike the OEM.
Also, you should be able to do the shifter assembly install and save $40. It's pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Sounds like a cheap and harmless learning experience. Congrats.
Learning experience...don't ride in the dark :).

Oh wait, I already follow that rule.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts